cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Invoices and Receipts

Hello,

I tried to find it, but without success, I'm looking for the invoice for my last order (renewal). I saw the receipt for it, but I need an invoice. Before it was written Receipt/invoice, but not anymore, so my accountant asked me for an invoice and not a receipt. Where can I find the Invoice of my order?

Thank you.

Ivaylo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Ivaylo 

The GoDaddy "Receipt" is your invoice -https://account.godaddy.com/receipts/ The receipt number is your order number. I'm not sure what your account would be looking for specifically - if  you order something from amazon for example, you don't have an invoice, you just have your order details - this is the same thing

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User IV

@Ivaylo 

The GoDaddy "Receipt" is your invoice -https://account.godaddy.com/receipts/ The receipt number is your order number. I'm not sure what your account would be looking for specifically - if  you order something from amazon for example, you don't have an invoice, you just have your order details - this is the same thing

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

@PL281 

Hi,

an invoice and a receipt are two different types of legal documents. 

Previously Order History section had Invoices, now they are called Receipts. That is the essence of this question.

@kstg  / @Ivaylo 

I believe this is just a label - I've used a number of different hosting providers and i've seen both terms used / interchanged - As hosting services aren't invoiced in advanced and then paid for - against the invoice - it's all purchased / paid at the same time - sort of like if you purchase something on amazon.

Community Manager

@kstg wrote:

@PL281 

Hi,

an invoice and a receipt are two different types of legal documents. 

Previously Order History section had Invoices, now they are called Receipts. That is the essence of this question.

Hi. Thanks for posting. I've never personally seen the term "invoice" in our customer account experience. However, it's possible that it was used at some point and removed. To your point, an invoice is typically a bill which you can provide to someone so they can make a payment. Our system has never supported invoice billing though, so even if the wording was there, true invoices were not. Sorry for any confusion. 🙁

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi Jesse,

I do not believe Godaddy is that uneducated in accounting and legal stuff. Here is a brief explanation of the difference: https://www.sana-commerce.com/blog/invoice-vs-receipt-what-is-the-difference/#:~:text=While%20an%20i...

You may not care about client's issues and most clients will just accept it with "ah, [removed] it". But it is an issue for most of tax residences. 

In Ukraine, for example you can not legally transfer your foreign currency to other countries without a PROPERLY CREATED invoice (NOT Receipt!).

In other countries, you just can not make this into pre-tax expense. Like in Poland, for example.

The only thing you need to do is to change the word "Receipt" into "Invoice".

Hi @dmelentyev. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Per the article you linked to under what is an invoice? it says, "An invoice is a document, sent by the seller to the customer, that requests payment for products or services. Similar to a bill, it lists what goods or services were provided, how much they cost, and which forms of payment the seller accepts. Invoices are typically issued to a customer after they have received their goods or services, but before payment has been received."

Under what is a receipt? it says "While an invoice is a request for payment, a receipt is the proof of payment. It is a document confirming that a customer received the goods or services they paid a business for — or, conversely, that the business was appropriately compensated (have already been paid) for the goods or services they sold to a customer."

Based on that information, it seems like we wouldn't be able to just change the wording, since they are different types of documents. One is a request for payment, the other is proof of payment. The only thing similar to an invoice that we provide, would be our shopping cart where we request payment, but that is obviously not a document. 

If I have misunderstood what you were trying to convey, feel free to provide more information. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

For example, it could be done this way:
Once the client proceeds to payment page, send an invoice (order #, list of items, tax info, payment due dates, etc). Once payment received - send a receipt.
Both documents could be identical with only words Receipt/Invoice are different.

Sent from phone

@dmelentyev Thanks for the suggestion. I don't see us sending invoices automatically, but perhaps we could add a button to request an invoice be sent on the shopping cart screen. I know we're looking at ways of making invoices available, but I don't know if/when that will occur.