cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Get authorization is disabled

Hi Guys, 

I'm trying to transfer my domain from godaddy but I need my authorization code. However, the get authorization field is disabled. Do any of you know why this might be or how to change it to enabled? Apologies if this has been posted before but kind of in a jam here and need the code asap, any suggestions appreciated! 

thanks, 

Chris

14 REPLIES 14
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Get authorization is disabled

@chrism1993

Hi Chris!

Thank you for posting. That usually means that you can't transfer the domain. If the domain was recently registered, it cannot be transferred for 60 days. Also, if you've recently changed the Registrant contact details, the domain would also be locked for 60 days. After that time passes, you can transfer your domain. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Get authorization code (disabled)?

Hi GoDaddy Community,

Yesterday I purchased a domain name through GoDaddy and decided on a web host (Not GoDaddy). To complete my domain transfer, to the new registrar, I need an EPP authorization code. I selected my domain, then domain settings, additional settings, and scrolled down to receive authorization code. To my surprise I read the message "Get authorization code (disabled). I double checked and made sure my domain was unlocked and administrative contact email/ info was correct. How do I get an authorization code under these circumstances?

Thank you for any help,

Jeff

Hi

Thanks for your response to this question. I'm having similar issues, however, no changes have been made within 60days so can't understand why the option to request an authorization code has been disabled. Is there any other reason this could be the case?

Thanks

Gillian

Is it possible to transfer a domain that registered less than 60 days to another godaddy account? The link "Transfer domain to another GoDaddy account" is clickable but at the end of steps, it giving me error.

Hey @tomyeto,

The 60 day rule only applies to transfers between different registrar providers. That shouldn't affect a change request between two accounts.

If there's an error being encountered during the automated change process, you'll want to reach out to our live support so they can help investigate into what's causing that to happen. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Will this still apply if the domain was just transferred from another godaddy account? So technically not an inter-registrar transfer. Shouldn't fall under ICANN. 

Hi @Griffey,

No, the transfer-in lock will not apply to a domain that was moved from another GoDaddy account. However, other actions taken by the customer could lock the domain as well. A change of account can be locked for 10 days as a security measure to protect the customer that did not approve the change. If there was registrant information changed on the domain when it went to the new GoDaddy account, it could be locked for 60 days following that change. 

If the latter is the case, you may write to review60@godaddy.com to ask them to review the change and revert the information to allow transfer out.

_TLH

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

i have had my domain for 2 years and i want to transfer to another host as i havnt used godaddy in over a year. why is mine not authorised?

I Just want to get the EPP Authorization code as I have just bought a .eu domain. It says the code is disabled, is this because I just purchased the domain? I don't want to transfer the domain I just want to use it as an addon with another host.

Thanks

Hi @JohnSheridan, thanks for posting.

Domain names cannot be transferred within the first 60 days of registration. The EPP Authorization code is only used to transfer the domain name and it is not required to host your domain with another provider. If your hosting provider is asking for your EPP, they are trying to get you to transfer your domain name to them.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Hy,

I have this domain for over 3 years. 
  • Get authorization code (disabled). WHY?

I have the same issue. My domain is set to automatically renew on  18/11/2019 however get authorization is disabled.

I use GoDaddy as a registrar. I use another hosting provider.

I'm looking to get an EPP code for a new domain. I have changed the nameservers.

I have done this many times and never get the disabled message.

Solution

Hi @drewkinney

Welcometo the Community!

If this is for a "new domain" - registered less than 60 days ago - the EPP code will not be available. ICANN locks all domains from transfer for 60 days following registration. You will be able to send yourself the EPP, or Authorization Code, at that time.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support