cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy Push

Hi,

When pushing a domain to another GoDaddy acc from a GoDaddy account does the domain retain its registration period or does the accepting registrant have to renew it after accepting.?

E.G. push a domain with 6 months to go before renewal - does new owner get the remaining 6 months before renewing it again?

thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: GoDaddy Push

The remaining time stays with the domain.

Super User III
Super User III

Additionally, you also get a full year registration included. So, it's the time you had remaining at the previous registrar plus one year. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @MrVapor

We appreciate your response to our customer regarding the "domain push" - moving a GoDaddy domain to another GoDaddy account.

A quick correction to the reply. The registration time on the domain WILL remain the same on this account change. However, the addition of one year on that registration will only happen in a "Domain Transfer" - when a customer purchases a transfer in the GoDaddy account and the domain comes in from another, different registrar. (No time we be added in the account change.)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support