cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Transfer - Admin Email is incorrect

Hello! So, I am attempting to transfer my domain from Squarespace to GoDaddy, and in order to do so, I need the authorization code. I logged in to GoDaddy, checked Transfers, and noticed that the Admin Email [that the authorization code is sent to] is incorrect by a long shot. Like, it's an email address that doesn't make sense/exist, so i have no idea how GoDaddy came up with it. I triple-checked Squarespace; everything is correct. Is there any way to update the Admin Email? TIA!

5 REPLIES 5
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Pending Transfer - Admin Email is incorrect

Hi @littleblackbats, welcome to the community! 🙂

Can you post your domain name?

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

Thanks @jpablo!

The domain is www.littleblackbats.com

Hi @littleblackbats,

Your domain transfer may need a little extra help as not all domains have a whois listing by their losing registrar and may need a manual update. Make sure the privacy is removed from your domain so that the true data can be captured. If you still do not see a valid address after privacy is removed, (click the little blue circle above the box to the left of your transfer in the Pending Transfer screen) you can write to transfers@godaddy.com, provide your domain name and we can fix it up.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

@TLHThis was incredibly helpful, thank you! The 'Whois privacy' box was checked, so I unchecked it. How long does it typically take GoDaddy to notice this change?

Hi @littleblackbats,

That will largely depend on how frequently your registrar updates their data to the registry. When you can see the real data on a whois directory (and you may use who.godaddy.com) your domain will be ready for that update. When you check to see if it has been updated, do NOT RESTART the transfer, just refresh the screen in the pending transfers window. Once it shows the actual address, go to that address to get the codes you will need to complete the transfer. And don't forget the code from the current registrar -- the Authorization Code - to use in the process. The instructions below will help you in completing the process.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-to-godaddy-1592?q=%231592&topic=domains-1000003&pg=1...