cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring domain from Third party Godady changed NameServer

Hi, 

I had put request for domain transfer from third party to Go Daddy. I have hosting from GoDaddy.

GoDaddy changed my name server settings without checking with us which resulted in downtime.

My current domain registrar is unable to update NS settings since transfer is in progress. When I am asking

GoDaddy to revert to old name server settings they said they can not do it. My business is interrupted due to this. They are mentioning that domain transfer time is 5-7 days. It's a big loss for us. 

Can anyone please help. 

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Transferring domain from Third party Godady changed NameServer

@Antriex wrote:

Hi, 

I had put request for domain transfer from third party to Go Daddy. I have hosting from GoDaddy.

GoDaddy changed my name server settings without checking with us which resulted in downtime.

My current domain registrar is unable to update NS settings since transfer is in progress. When I am asking

GoDaddy to revert to old name server settings they said they can not do it. My business is interrupted due to this. They are mentioning that domain transfer time is 5-7 days. It's a big loss for us. 

Can anyone please help. 

@Antriex Just to clarify, you're transferring the domain name from another registrar to Godaddy? That wouldn't result in a nameserver update since Godaddy cannot update the nameservers until the domain name is held with them. Nameservers cannot be updated during the transfer process. I would check with your current registrar to see if they participate in the rapid transfer process where you can approve the release of the domain name from them.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I