• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Change Blog post dates

Hi, 

I am using a Blog feature and wondering, is there a way to change the date of the blog post? 

Or schedule a post on a specific day?

Thanks!

44 REPLIES 44
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Change Blog post dates

@zizimars14

Unfortunately, neither of those options are available.  If you were to use WordPress for your Blog, and link to it from your site, you would have the ability to do both and more. 

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown

Thanks so much for the reply.

That is a shame really. As GoDaddy added blog option to the site, this is one of the reasons I wanted to try them.

Is there any chance to know if they will develop this sometime soon?

Thanks again!

Super User I

@zizimars14

Your guess is as good as mine. Smiley Wink   You can keep track on feature announcements here.

If you don't want to wait, you can switch to WordPress includes this and much more by default.

Judith

I am not sure how easy is to set up WordPress but I'll check it out, thanks Smiley Happy

And thanks for the link for the feature announcements!

Helper V

I need this too!

I would like to remove the date from my blog post. Can someone from GoDaddy comment on when this might happen or give a workaround?

If i create in Wordpress, is it easy enough to link to GoDaddy's web site? I have never done it before. Thank you!

Super User I

@KWarner

GoCentral does not show dates on blog posts at this time....

Are you asking about WordPress?  (In the future start a new thread and post in the appropriate forum -- this way folks can find your post when looked for and that may help them too. Smiley Wink)

In WordPress some themes have features to remove the date -- which is on by default in the WordPress core.   If the theme you are using does not offer that, the good news is there are several plugins to choose from to accomplish this task for you.

WordPress is uber easy to link from a page or post to your GoDaddy website.  In the editor toolbar just click on "link" fill in the blanks then click Add Link and you are good to go!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

I just started my GoCentral website today, and YES the blogs do show dates, and so far you cannot backdate or change the blog date.

Yes, I would like to either be able to change the blog date or not have it show at all.

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi all,

Thanks for the questions about the "post date" on the GoCentral Blog.

Being able to customize / remove the date from the blog post is definitely on our list of functionality to build.  We have a few things we're working on currently so it won't be right away, but it's definitely on the list. 

Thanks!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

I've only been on my new GoCentral site for a week - how do we get updated on new features etc?

Super User I

@hireCatherine

Bookmark this pageSmiley Wink

Judith
    New

I have a WordPress site for another blog and decided to host my new domain name with GoDaddy because it seemed like the templates are easier to use. They are. But not being able to change the post date, or schedule posts for future dates, is a deal breaker for me. Too bad because I really liked the template I was using.

: (

Yes, I agree with having this functionality as well. Until it can be changed, I will have to update the normal way. Thank you!

This feature needs to be created ASAP please.  I have just recreated my entire blog from a different site and it is not in the correct order.  

Totally agree

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@underwearboss - this is the next item on our list to tackle.  It's still a few weeks away, but being able to set a custom publish date, either in the past or schedule for the future, is on it's way!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

Hi Christie,

I stumbled upon your reply when looking for info about custom publish dates for the blog.  It's been a little over a month since your post about the custom dates being "a few weeks away".  Do you have a release date on them yet?  I'd love to repost my current blog postings into my GoCentral website instead of linking my wordpress site and having two separate systems.  Also, will a word counter be something that you see coming in the future?

Thanks!

New

Right!!  The standard answer is that it's on it's way!!  I was so excited about building the new website in GoCentral and wrote a blog about how great it was!  But now after digging in to move everything over.  Nothing is what it should be for a Blog.  

1.  No way for people to comment on your blog posts.

2.  You can't add more than 1 image to a blog.

3. You can't remove or change the date.

4. You can't take a post down after publishing it unless you totally delete it from your blog.

5. The blog titles and dates don't show up correctly on cell phones.

6. No word counter.

I'm sure the list goes on.  You might want to keep your wordpress site.

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@ReginaMarie,

We're currently working on creating this functionality for the blog.  I don't have an exact launch date for you but wanted you to know that this is no longer "on the list" but is actively being worked on right now.

Thanks for your continued patience.

ChristieS

GoCentral PM

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@mskarp,

Thanks for the message. To address your questions...

1. Commenting is on it's way, but we don't have a date. It's been delayed by unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. 

2. You're welcome to add as many images as you'd like to your blog.  Just click the green insert icon on the left side of your editing screen and choose image.  FYI, adding video as well as images is next up on our development schedule.

3. We are currently working on functionality to set a custom date on your blog posts.  Either a date in the past (if you're moving from another platform you can preserve the initial publish date) or a date in the future to schedule it for publishing.  This would should be done in the next 2-3 weeks providing all goes well.

4. Being able to 'unpublish' a post is on our list, though to be honest, we haven't had many requests for this functionality so it hasn't been prioritized / scheduled yet.

5. There was an issue recently with blog post titles not wrapping correctly but we've resolved it. Please let me know if you're still having this problem. Would be great to reply with a link to a post where it's happening so we can take a look.

6. This is the first request we've had for this. To make sure I understand the request, you'd like something in your blog post editor that tells you how many words you've included in the post, is that correct? We'll add this to list and prioritize / schedule it based on customer feedback / requests.

Thanks again,

ChristieS

GoCentral PM

We need this too because the dates on our blog look misleading.. like the dates shown are the dates of our events. Thanks in advance!!!!

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @jhowie57,

Custom publish dates were released a couple weeks ago.  When you create or edit your blog post you'll see the "set publish date" box in the lower right corner of your screen.

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 8.34.08 AM.png

Thanks!

ChristieS

GoCentral PM

Hi Christie

I just went into my blog and went to Edit a previously published blog post so I could change the date, and the set publish date option is NOT available. 

Update was available, as always - no option to schedule, edit or any in any way edit the publish date. 

What's up? 

thanks

Catherine

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Ah, Sorry about that.  I have "Preview" access to that feature.  We'll be testing it this week (next day or two) and depending on how that goes will release after that.  Ideally it'll be later this week, but if they find anything major that needs to be fixed it could be another week or two.  

ChristieS

Yeah I couldn't see it either. Thanks for the update and I so look forward to this feature!

Cheers,

Jason

The ability to change a blog publish date or schedule it in the future became available to me in January - the option Set Publish Dates shows on my blog dashboard.   

I changed (backdated) the publish date of several blogs I had already published, and Saved. It's been more than 72 hours and none of the dates have changed. 

What is the status of the option to change blog post dates? 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi there,

When you edited the blog posts and changed the date, did you then click the "update" button that appears where the "publish" button normally shows up on a new post? If that still doesn't work for you, can you give me the url of your website so I can investigate further?

Thanks!

New

Twice I've scheduled a blog post to publish a day or two later and twice it hasn't.  I had to go in a few hours after I'd wanted it to publish and published myself.  The one that was supposed to publish this morning at 8 even had a notation by the set time  and publish buttons that said "scheduled to publish 1-28-19 at 8 a.m."  I pulled up my blog just now and nope, no post.  When I logged into GoCentral, it was still sitting there as a draft and the notation was gone.  Very frustrating.

Like others, I love how easy it is to set up a website/blog on GoDaddy but the fundamental things missing border on the ridiculous.  No comment box is the worst.  I did find over the weekend a brand new GoDaddy coordinated option by PWER for a comment box and was happy to replace the ancient one I added using very dated html code.  Why in the world wouldn't a comment box be right there to add when building a blog?  I built another website on weebly...which I like, but it's a little less straightforward.  However, it has always had a comment box, the date on posts can be easily changed and I don't have to worry over pre-scheduled publishing.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi DonnaG,

I'd love a chance to troubleshoot the issues with scheduled posting. Could you reach out to our support team and give them the details about your site so we can dig into it? You should be able to set it and forget it with blog post scheduling!

I still cannot change live post dates that I want to backdate. I was told this feature was available, and it was being troubleshot on January 7 (scroll back to see the conversation.)

I have not been updated on my request, and I tried to backdate several posts today. I got the confirmation that it was successfully updated, but it did not. 

Catherine

http://hirecatherine.com/ 

New

easiest way to reach out to the support team?

Product Team
    Product Team

The best thing to do is give us a call. 480-463-8308

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for getting back to me with your website address. We're digging into it and I'll update you soon.

Susan

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi Catherine,

We dug into the issue and found a bug with changing the dates on some older posts. This has now been corrected and you should be able to adjust the dates on all of your posts now!

Susan

Thank you, I was able to successfully backdate my blog posts so they reflect when the blog was actually posted prior to migrating to GoCentral.

Catherine 

Helper V

@syyoung @RachelM  That's great news! Since you've managed to get these changes accomplished, perhaps you could follow up on another Blog issue that has never been resolved, even after months of waiting. Here is the thread for it:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/quot-Replace-quot-not-working-on-blog-ba...

New

When you work on the Blog functionality, please allow us to manually enter the date of the post, versus only being able to choose a date from the pop-up calendar.

Thank you!

New

Please allow us to manually enter the date so that we don't have to scroll through decades on the pop-up calendar to enter historical entries.

Thanks!

Product Team
    Product Team

Thanks for feedback! It helps to know that there's a need to post blog entries this far back in time, so I'll keep it in mind for future improvements.

New

I could care less about the date, I just want to darn things to post!

I have two blog entries, past their scheduled dates, that still haven't posted. The "PUBLISH" button is not available and no matter how often I reschedule, they still don't post.

There are multiple (more than 15) similar problems in the blog portion of the forum with NO responses from support.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi there,

Could you tell me what blog posts you're trying to get to publish? I'd like to investigate more. If it's alright with you, I'll try to publish them and see if I have the same issue.

Thanks,

Susan

New

If you check my account and look at my PJCycles.com site, you'll see a
    couple blog posts marked as drafts although the post by date has long
    passed. The option to "publish" is grayed out.
    Can I get you any more information?
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi again @Stf,

I looked at your posts and I see that the ones that were unpublished were still called "Untitled Post" I tried putting a title in one and the publish button now shows as active. I did NOT publish anything to your site since I don't know what title you want for these posts. 

Let me know if you still run into any trouble!

Susan

Yes, removing the date all together would be great.  We need to have that option!