cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

GoCentral Inventory and Square

Hello All,

I am new to GoCentral and have found the community very helpful. Thank You! I've switched to GoCentral from an Adobe Muse based website with an embedded Square store. Square has discontinued their option to embedded their store and Adobe is phasing out their Muse software.

My questions are concerning GoCentral and Square. When a customer purchases a product from a GoCentral online store connected to a Square account for payment, will the transaction automatically update the Square inventory? In other words, is there a way to link Square inventory to GoCentral or vise-versa?

I've made sure to use the same SKU numbers on both GoCentral and Square in hopes that will happen.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

31 REPLIES 31

Re: GoCentral Inventory and Square

I came here to ask this same question, I'm still hunting down all the information I can about syncing the inventory levels with GoCentral/Square. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out !  Interestingly, we are working on enabling Square catalog importing and inventory synchronization on GoCentral.  With this capability, you would be able to import your products from Square into GoCentral and sell your products both at physical store as well as on online store.  As sales occur on these two channels, inventory would kept in sync between Square system and GoCentral, automatically.  This should greatly help you to focus on growing your business, without worrying about managing different systems or getting out of stock.

We are pretty close to launching these capabilities. So, please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoCentral Online Stores

I know that the last response was that there will soon be an inventory integration between Square and GoCentral.  As this was posted on 5/23/18, has this update taken place as yet.  I'm moving off of WooCommerce to GoCentral for simplicity and now wondering if this might be a mistake.

Thank you 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back earlier.  We did release Square Catalog import and Inventory synchronization about week earlier.  You should have noticed a banner announcing the feature, when you try to add a product. If not please let us know.   

I am very confident that GoCentral Online store would help you grow business and our team have been listening to customers like you and continually enhancing the product to better suit your needs.  Should you need any help, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh, 
    Product Manager, Online Stores

New

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I have run into several bugs importing products from Square to the GoCentral online store. I've not called tech support yet but may have to soon. I found that when I Imported my Square products, they added to my GoCentral products. In an effort to repair my mistake, I decided to delete all products from GoCentral, then re-import from Square. This made an improvement, however there are limitations and quirks. First of all not all the products will import. I continue to get network errors. Secondly, when I modify an item in GoCentral, for example add additional photos and shipping weights, the SKU number disappears after I save. The SKU number can not be modified in GoCentral! My question now is - is the product still connected to Square?

I have 5 pages of products that I need to individually update photos and shipping weights on!

Thanks in advance and thank you for the improvements being made to GoCentral.

Regards,

Maria

Hi @ProdMgr_OLS,

I did see that update and did publish my site once this was official.  I can't wait for the continued updates like two-way synch.  

Thank you for continuing to make improvements.  

I just added the online store and cannot find the square sync inventory option. Please help.

I am having the same problem. Not all of my products will import and everytime I try to import I get an network or server error and it keeps deleting productd from categories. I have been on the phone nearly everyday with GoDaddy support and they seem to think that it is on Squares end. Square says that GoDaddy controls it all and that it is a GoDaddy problem. Ugh. 

Why canʻt we download a .csv file of our inventory. This function is quite basic. You must be holding items form our stores in a database. Please make this feature available. 

NOOOO! This is not available. Ask any support person either through chat or on the phone. Iʻve spent the afternoon with them. You cannot do this yet...the developers say so. Even though you can read all about how great it is on GoDaddyʻs site:

https://www.godaddy.com/garage/standout-tools-godaddy-gocentral-online-store-square/

It is not true. Here is the text in case the link goes away:

Square catalog import and two-way inventory sync

If you’re already using Square offline, you can build your Online Store inventory quickly by importing products, prices, quantities and categories from your Square account. Then add images and create product descriptions for online sales. Here are some of the benefits of syncing GoCentral Online Store with Square:

• Your inventory levels will be in sync between Square and GoCentral Online Store 24/7.
    • You can use the same Square account to process credit card payments at your physical location and online.
    • You can offer in-person order pickup for online sales.

With Square inventory sync, you can blur the line between your physical store and online commerce. This lets your customers shop the way they want and makes life easier for you. Know exactly what’s in stock and what you need to replenish.

No, you cannot sync at this time, so donʻt make the mistake of trying. Also, note that unless you delete all of your inventory from your store, when you do import from Square, all items will be duplicated. Also, it does not migrate the categories you may have set up...I believe because the field in Square and the field in GoDaddy are not exactly named. 

I cannot get my orders from square to flow through to my godaddy store...this makes managing and shipping orders very difficult.  I have arleady connected my square payment to godaddy...

I had this same issue when I first converted to GoCentral and almost cancelled because of it.  What you have to do is make Square your primary.  Then synch to GoDaddy.  Ensure that all inventory updates take place in Square.  This will then ensure that all orders done through Square show are taken out of your inventory.

Deleting my website solved my problems - Even at that Go Daddy got mad, never again

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

HI,

Sorry to hear that not all products from your square system could be imported into GoCentral Online store.  We had couple of issues ( Special characters in product description, missing SKU detail on product ) that prevented few products not to get imported. We have fixed both these issues and you should be able to import most of your products now. Appreciate if you could try this again and let us know if still have any issue importing your products into online store.

As first phase of integration with Square system, we enable you to import catalog products from square system into online store and sync inventory quantities bidirectionally.  This could be limiting to few that want to use online stores as their primary inventory/system management, instead of square system. But, we are exploring address this gap so you can manage your business centrally from within Online stores. Please stay tuned.

Hope this helps,

Mohan Kumaresh, 

Product Manager, Online stores 

Why would it not Import to square and Facebook??? It seems a little backwards.

I'm wondering if GoDaddy has fixed the issue to import our products from  GoDaddy to Square? 

No, I'm actually trying to do this now. I've tried every way possible. The only way I've found to make sure this import from Square to Go Central is done correctly is to manually add it. :-( It imports some but not all, it gives me error messages that to many options?!?! I've tweaked, changed it and even tried exporting from one to the other. Still my inventory doesn't sync entirely. The only way is for the developers to make Go Central compatible with Square period. It's very frustrating and the idea to have to move my site to a competitor like Shopify or Weebly or Wix sucks!! After all my hard work I've put into Go Central and I spend hours a day just to keep my website up to date with inventory, because GoDaddy developers cant get the sync feature compatible with Square.  Go Central is not compatible with a lot of things. Including accounting features for inventory. 

Product Team
    Product Team

HI,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.   GoCentral indeed helps you import products (single or with variations) into the Online store and keeps the inventory in sync between Square and online store. One of kind of product on Square that we yet to support  on the Online store is a product with multi-option select add-on  (E.g  Pizza with various toppings like onion, tomato,  bell pepper, chicken etc. and a customer can choose one or more toppings.)  We are looking into supporting this in the future., but don't have a timeline to share with you right now.  If this is not exactly the issue you are facing, could please share additional detail about that product that is failing to get imported into the online store. 

Also, could you please elaborate on other issues that makes you think GoCentral online store is not compatible. Your valuable feedback would help us build a product that serves your needs. 

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, GoCentral Online stores

Product Team
    Product Team

HI,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.  We are yet to implement the feature to push products from Online stores into Square, but this is in our backlog.  I'll reach back to you, once we have more detail around the implementation schedule. 

Meanwhile, please keep the feedback flowing so we can improve the product to better serve your needs.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Here is my challenge in detail:

Product ErrorExport
    Crystal Trees - 3 options (1 for $30 ; 1 for $35; 1 for $45) SKU's are CRtree30; CRtree35; etc
    Names are according. 
    Too many option values specified for option Options.

Tumbled Stones - similar situation - expect names are carnelian, rose qrtz, etc.

Dream Spell Wkshop - 3 options class 1; class 2 ; class 3 

This is just an example of 82 errors found. so I down loaded the product sample csv form which after trying to compare to Square's CSV form, which I have to manually organize it before I can up load. WASTE OF MY TIME!!! Square doesn't give us sub-options to use. I have even tried going through my bookkeeping (quickbooks & zoho) to sync my inventory and update my inventory to make it easier. Again too many variables between them all.  So for now I manually enter what doesn't sync to my website.  I have  brick and mortar retail shop. So spending time to upload and update my online store is not an option for me. My square POS holds precedence  to my website but I would like my site to be an equal to my brick and mortar. So its imperative that my Square and bookkeeping stays up to date, in order for my business to truly grow I need my website to catch up.
    nhester
    Former Employee

You can import using a .cvs file. See Step 5 of this article:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/import-square-products-to-my-store-31882
    HTH

I'm wanting to know if we have been able to fix the sync problems we are all facing with square, facebook and godaddy. Also can we export from godaddy yet? Seem other platforms I have been on this is a basic feature, can we please get these issues addressed!

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for raising this concern.  We have tried our best to map Catalog information from Square POS into GoDaddy Online store, but the two systems do have it's own limitations. GoDaddy online store tries to optimize for simpler merchandising for online shopper, to drive higher purchase rate, while Square POS might optimize for better inventory management. Could you share your product catalog information from Square system and we would explore possible solutions?

Again, sorry for the inconvenience,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Can you share little more information on the issues you are facing with synching inventory with (1) Square  (2) Facebook?   We want to review and address any issue that might be preventing you from effectively using our platform.  We do have the feature on our backlog, to support exporting product catalog information. But, I don't have an ETA to share at this point. 

Thanks for your patience,

Mohan Kumaresh

New

@ProdMgr_OLS UPDATE!  Square and GoCentral Inventory still not resolved.  I see they added an 'Import Square' inventory button, but what good does it do if it doesn't work?  All my inventory seems to import fine when using this button unless it contains variations/options (i.e. S, M, L) then I receive import errors stating that there 'are too many options'.  But isn't that the point?  

Yes, I understand I can key all these in manually and there are LOTS of work arounds, but again, that's not the point.  You provided a button to import from Square so I would think you would have TESTED it before providing us a button to import Square inventory.

I just finished chatting with technical support and I was told that this was not a problem as the import does work.  If you're only importing single items with NO variations or options, then yes.  But I'm pretty sure most of us do use this feature.

So PLEASE either fix this issue or remove the button and told tell us that it's NOT an issue!  IT IS!!!

Thanks for listening!

Hi Mohan --
    I might be a bit late on this discussion, so I apologize if I'm covering ground you already have.
    We're in the process of getting all of our items set up in GoCentral and would like to have a simple connector to Square so our SKU numbers are in the Square library. As we do several craft shows, we need to track what's available online and what's sold off-line. That way we don't sell something to someone in real life, and have a cyber customer order the thing that just walked away. 
    I found the article on pulling items from Square into GoCentral, but I'm not seeing a mechanism to push the other way. Has a simple bridge been built to go auto-magically from GoCentral to Square?
    If not, is there an ETA on when that functionality might be released to us? (Or if it's even on the backlog to be developed?)
    Thanks

Hi - My problem is that GoCentral is not importing all the variables in my items. They are all there in Square but I get an error in GoCentral that says somethign about too many variables and they either do not import or import with no variables. If there is a limit on the number of variables that will import that would be very helpful to know.

Hi - My problem is that GoCentral is not importing all the variables in my items. They are all there in Square but I get an error in GoCentral that says somethign about too many variables and they either do not import or import with no variables. If there is a limit on the number of variables that will import that would be very helpful to know.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have limits on number of add-ons and their values, to ensure buyers are not overwhelmed with too many choices they have to make in order to make a purchase and current limits should cover 95% of the products being sold on GoCentral stores. At present we support upto 5 add-ons, each with upto 10 values and 250 variations of the product (size, color etc.). Do you think any of the product failing to import, is within these limits?

Thanks,
    Mohan Kumaresh

Get Outlook for Android

Ok. that is very helpful I can set my import up for that.

So just for clarification:

I have ITEM and it comes in two colors and 8 sizes - that is 16 and too many. But if I broke it down to ITEM1 - sizes 1 through 8 and ITEM2  - sizes 1 through 8... that should work? That would be 8 variables per item.

New

Yes mine are. I’m importing items with only 5 variations and no add-ons and I still receive import errors!

Sabine