cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

FTP upload speed is unacceptable

Godaddy FTP speed is only reaching around 1.5mb/s. Our church has Hostgator and its 30 to 50mb/s. I can upload a 5gig video to my hostgagtor in about 2 minutes. With Godaddy its taking 1 hour. This is simply unacceptable. I cant wait 1 hour for files like this to upload. Does anyone know if Godaddy will be upgrading their servers to handle an acceptable upload rate? I am using filezilla and have attempted uploads on separate computers from different internet providers with the same results. I just have to cancel the upload. In today's world that simply inst an acceptable upload rate especially when your paying for it.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FTP upload speed is unacceptable

@jrkenn wrote:

Godaddy FTP speed is only reaching around 1.5mb/s. Our church has Hostgator and its 30 to 50mb/s. I can upload a 5gig video to my hostgagtor (that's about right...ed) in about 2 minutes. With Godaddy its taking 1 hour. This is simply unacceptable. I cant wait 1 hour for files like this to upload. Does anyone know if Godaddy will be upgrading their servers to handle an acceptable upload rate? I am using filezilla and have attempted uploads on separate computers from different internet providers with the same results. I just have to cancel the upload. In today's world that simply inst an acceptable upload rate especially when your paying for it.

@jrkenn try this:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7476742_speed-up-ftp-uploads-godaddy.html