cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

New Domain D.O.A. and Primary Domain Content Vanished

I added a new domain to my hosting account  3 days ago, Thursday (eclat.us).  I also installed WP. So far, the site hasn't shown up, just get the GoDaddy parking page, either with the site address or trying to reach wp-admin.  Simultaneously, all of the content from my primary domain  peterstromquist.com  is gone. That had been up and operating fine for years. Help!  Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New Domain D.O.A. and Primary Domain Content Vanished

Hi @gwailo. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like you may have installed WordPress into the wrong directory. That would explain both situations, especially if WordPress is showing up on peterstromquist.com. If that isn't what happened here, then I'd suggest giving more details about the situation. It may help others give additional suggestions on what could be happening. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: New Domain D.O.A. and Primary Domain Content Vanished

Thanks for your reply.  Here's where I am today.  I was able to see how to correct the missing content on the main domain.

But on the added on, domain, after installing WordPress, I couldn't, as I hopefully said, navigate to the site or to the /wp-admin.  I would just get the GoDaddy park page.

So I cleaned out all files in eclat.us, and deleted the domain from the hosting plan, figuring I would start over.

Which I did.  I added the domain eclat.us back to the hosting plan, created a directory of /eclat and went to install word press at that site.

In that instance, it kept installing and installing and installing, never completing.  So I thought, ok, once more, and deleted the domain again.

My hosting plan STILL shows Wordpress installing ... to nowhere... and not being completed.

As of right now, the domain eclat.us is on the hosting plan.

Wordpress should go into /eclat directory.  But I need the "stuck" one that keeps trying to install removed first, and as far as I know, there is no way to do that from my end.

Many thanks.