cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Website and Wordpress Backend Very Slow

Hello!

I recently set up my domain and hosting with godaddy and I cant figure out why the site is loading so slowly. Wordpress is very slow as well, timing out, giving me errors and not installing themes properly. What are some things I can do to start trouble shooting this problem?

Thanks!

www.late4lunch.com

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Website and Wordpress Backend Very Slow

@STPL

=> Ran a speed test on your URL and it reported back as pretty fast! 😉  Just need to scale and optimize some images.

=> In my experience the GD backend can be pokey at times.  Without knowing the specific errors you are receiving (which will tell us what the issue is) I can't comment on that.

=> If you can't upload theme zips, that could be because you are trying to upload the entire theme package which can be gargantuan and include all kind of documentation and other resource files. That's not what you want to upload.  You just want to upload the actual theme files zip.  Unzip and see if there is another zip within.  That is the one you should use to install.

=> Check your wp-config.php file to see what your memory limit is set at and increase it. If not noted add this line to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

More info on this file and memory here.

If it isn't memory it would help to know the exact error message you are receiving. That will tell us what the issue may be.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt