• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

After automatic WP update, any plugin updates break my site

My site was working fine until a recent automatic update from GoDaddy Managed WP Hosting. 

Now, my site has the following issues:

1. The website loads reeeaaaalllllyyyyy slow. 
    2. When I go to update any of my plugins, it says, "Too much time has passed without sending any data for document."
    3. Then if I I try to update again, my site is gone on both front end and back end and it'll say, "Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance."
    4. Then once my site comes back 10-15 min later, it'll end up in a 503 and everything is inaccessible. I can only get my website back if I restore an old backup.

What is happening?! Please help!

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: After automatic WP update, any plugin updates break my site

Hi @jho. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Most of the time, issues like this come down to a plugin or theme compatibility issue. I'd disable all plugins and then see if the 503 issue clears up. Then you can enable and update plugins one at a time to see if one of them causes an issue. Because it has a built in caching system, Managed WordPress accounts don't usually generate 503 errors due to RAM usage like other plans. When it does occur, it is most often tied to having too many database connections. For these plans, you can have up to 25 simultaneous database connections. Since WordPress is fairly database dependent, this limit can be reached fairly quickly depending on the type of theme and plugins you're using. Hope that helps. 

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues. If you'd like to make sure there are no issues with your hosting plan itself, please contact our customer care team

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.