cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Bought a wordpress hosting, can't do anything

Hello 🙂

I bought (like 1h ago) a « Wordpress hosting ». When they asked my what domain I wanted to use, I selected the one I bought "la-courtepointe.com". I got an e-mail telling me "everything is ready...click on .../wp-admin and connect with this username...".

When I click on http://la-courtepointe.com/wp-admin, error 404 (I try again and now it says "The domain la-courtepointe.com is no longer parked by GoDaddy.") 

When I go on my account, I still see under « my domains » la-courtepointe.com and under « managed wordpress websites » la-courtepointe.com . 

When I try la-courtepointe.com ; error 404. 

I'm a little bit lost now 😐 

Thanks 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
    Solution

Re: Bought a wordpress hosting, can't do anything

The situation has changed...

I can modify my website with the "temporary domain" but if I change the domain to make the one I want primary, error 404.

Like this one : http://9c6.bf4.myftpupload.com/ works and shows my website but la-courtepointe.com doesn't work. 

Solution

Hey @maudamelie,

I noticed your domain name la-courtepointe.com is pointing to two different IP addresses. One of which doesn't look to be the IP address of the Managed WordPress site your temporary domain is pointing to. You should probably remove the extra IP as this is likely what's causing you to run into issues publishing changes as well as resolving consistently to the same site. 

Let us know how this works out for you. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you so much !!! It works now