• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Cannonical URL redirects Issue

I've changed my website domain from "myftpupload" to blacaz.com, but now I've got a cannonical URL redirects issue, after I checked that in a SEO tool. (see image below)
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 9.55.38 AM.png

What Should I do to fix that? should I remove "RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} ^ymf\.a11\.myftpupload\.com$" in .httaccess file?
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 9.58.39 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've tried that before, but still no use..
    np, I've fixed my problem by myself. I just inputted my main domain as canonical URL in Yoast plugin...

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User IV

@lilyferli 

Unless GoDaddy specifically added that to the .htaccess file you shouldn't need it. You should just need to flush the cache - I checked https://ymf.a11.myftpupload.com/about-us/ and it had the old URL - i added ?nocache=1 to the end of the URL to bypass the cache and it had the correct url - I would clear the cache via the manage wordpress menu and then rescan the site 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I have flushed the cache, but the old URL still appears, and when I rescan/recrawl my website in an SEO tool, I still have the same issue.. 
    or maybe should I input the old URL to Yoast plugin (see link: https://yoast.com/help/canonical-urls-in-wordpress-seo/#utm_source=yoast-seo&utm_medium=software&utm...) ?

I just found the issue, the WordPress set my old URL as canonical URL, see image below: Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 5.56.43 AM.png

So how to fix that? should I fill in the canonical URL form in Yoast plugin with my blacaz.com URL?

@lilyferli 

Go to that page with  ?nocache=1 at the end of the URL that should confirm the cache is correct - then it maybe a local cache issue

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I've tried that before, but still no use..
    np, I've fixed my problem by myself. I just inputted my main domain as canonical URL in Yoast plugin...

Thank you.

View solution in original post