• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Advocate VII

Cloud Servers for WordPress, Joomla, etc.

I just thought I would throw this out as a recommendation for cloud-based servers.  I have recently evaluated a company called Cloudways.  It is a Managed hosting platform for WordPress, Joomla, etc.  It has its merits and then some.  If there is a single service that GoDaddy could offer this would be it for me!  Many clients want feature-rich applications, and are starting with a small traffic volume.  By starting on a cloud server, memory and resource intensive applications could be installed from the beginning and the scaling then becomes one of of adding bandwidth and storage.  Much easier than doing a server migration, and also offers good revenue.

Here's a quick example.  My client wants a site that will accept orders from a customer that are forwarded to their dropship fulfillment partner.  They also want a multi-level marketing type setup and backend.  With some tweaking, this can be accomplished through WP/Woocommerce API and third-party plugins.  This is a real resource hog when it comes to execution.  A good cloud-based server allocation solves all of the problems, plus allows for growth.

Thanks,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Former Employee
    Retired
    Not applicable

We launched Cloud Servers with the first 30 days free.  That's a pretty good discount 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Former Employee

Hi @ccarfi

Thanks for the update!  I will, in fact try them out ASAP!  Any chance community members could get a discount/reward as part of the launch?  Just had to ask, LOL. Smiley Happy

Thanks again,

James

Retired
    Not applicable

We launched Cloud Servers with the first 30 days free.  That's a pretty good discount 🙂

View solution in original post

Yes, indeed!

Thanks,

James