• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Jetpack and Wordpress updates

I use to be able to do the updates from the Wordpress Console with out being asked for the ftp password. Now I get asked every time I try to install an update for the ftp password but even after entering the password the update fails to install. What do I need to do to get the updates to install automatically? I read somewhere that I need to configure the updates to install without it asking for a password but I have not been able to find out how to do that. I asked WordPress and they said to ask GoDaddy because it is a Hoasting setting or something that needs to be changed. Any one have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Jetpack and Wordpress updates

Hey @DavidG,

I believe the automatic background updates is something you should be able to control within the WordPress dashboard as it is detailed in the WordPress Codex here. We also offer options to manually update your themes and plugins here.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

Re: Jetpack and Wordpress updates

There is nothing about updates in the wp-config.php file. That must have been something from an old version of wordpress. I've just been downloading the updates on my PC and then uploading via ftp to the website. So far, so good.

Thanks for your input.