• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Re: Wordpress Managed PHP Version

Man. So, after being told for a year that the platform is getting upgraded, instead we get a new platform altogether. We who are waiting get to wait another year to get migrated.

Is there a way to expedite the upgrade process for those like us that are keeping up with the issue? I just don't understand why we keep having to wait when the upgrade is available, all while being advertised that this a premium product.

New

Hey guys - It's heartbreaking to see your comments...I got sick of waiting for this about 10 months ago and found myself a new host - I recommend you all do the same. Don't wait - do it now!

I no longer live in fear of updates (my site often white-screened during this process on Godaddy) and I no longer have to waste hours listening to terrible answerphone music while the techs try and fix it. I never understood why I had to sit there on the phone while they worked on it - could they not call me back when they were done? No...apparently I have to sit and listen to the fake muzak for hours at a time...week after week...well, I snapped.

The migration was completed (by my new host with no effort from myself) within a couple of hours and instantly made my site AT LEAST 6x faster. Infinitely more reliable. I've had ZERO problems since.

Now with my new host guess what? If I have do have a question I get an instant reply!

And yes - it's cheaper...FYI I was on DELUXE Managed WP which is a sick joke.

If you are serious about your site then Godaddy is not for you. Find a host that cares.

Good luck all!

Mark Bailey

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @taruckus  Of course.  Just call in and say you want to be migrated to the new Managed WordPress platform.  You'll be migrated and get a pro-rated refund for your existing subscription.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays
    Head of WordPress, GoDaddy

So it's nearly March 2018... any news on whether GoDaddy will move to a newer version of PHP?

At this point, I plan to move my site to another host when I'm near the annual expiration date. This is really taking too long for GoDaddy to keep up to date.

logan2000, Their official stance at this point is that if you are on the old hosting plan you're out of luck. You have to be on Managed WP or cpanel to get PHP 7.x

When cpanel was first introduced they were offering to migrate sites for free. There were issues with that program and they pulled it within 2 weeks. Now it is they will move you over for $100 per site. 

I have no comments on these 'choices' other than ugh.

Highlighted
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that PHP 7.2 is now available on all Managed WordPress sites.  You can change your PHP version in your Hosting dashboard.  Here are a couple screenshots:

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 3.28.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-10 at 3.28.46 PM.png

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays
    Head of WordPress, GoDaddy