• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Wordpress website will not show live unless I add "www"??

Hi guys! I'm a brand new web-developer student and I'm setting up a career advice business. This isn't my first time playing around with Wordpress or cPanel hosting, but the last time I did it I sort of had a free ride on all things that make your life easier. So my issue is the following, hope someone can shine a light in the right direction!

So, as I was finishing setting up my website, I noticed that if I tried to access it from a private window (or any window, for that matter) this thing would pop up if I wrote the domain like "theheadstarter.com" (which is the actual name of the domain):

headstart1.png

This window shows up when I write the domain without the "www" and it redirects me to my cPanel. But then something funny happens when I add it (www.theheadstarter.com😞

headstart2.pngLook at that! A live webpage AND redirected to the address that I initially wrote. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Does somebody have an idea of what I'm missing? I've never had this problem before. I was reading that maybe it has something to do with the SSL certificate or the DNS but I have no idea how to check.

I'd appreciate the help because I'm completely lost!

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Wordpress website will not show live unless I add "www"??

Hey there,

It looks as if it's working correctly now. That leads me to believe it was just a propagation issue. FYI, DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to complete although it's usually done in about 10-15 mins on average.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community