• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

website overloaded

Hi

i have a new website, mustaqbali.com , very limited traffic i mean less than 10 per day if any.  however, whenever i try to login to my wp-admin i get a overload error, google crawl shows an overload error.  I asked and several of my friends said i should move off Godaddy hosting as you can not manage the cpanel.  Not looking to move just want to be able to login without seeing an overload error 50% of the time and for crawling to work without the website being overloaded.  Again for the extreme small volume of traffic, this doesnt make sense to me.  i'm on a managed wordpress , pro 5.  i've kept my plugins to the bare minimum just to be on the safe side.  appreciate any help or insight.

thanks

h

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@alhussam 

The Error 429 isn't something specific to you site / to much traffic - it just means the Managed WordPress server is getting a little too much traffic at that moment - I find it resolves itself - If it continues you may want to backup the site - then delete / re-setup the site and more than likely it will actually deploy to different node and be better

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@PL281 Thank you for your replies and input.  I think i need to look for a different server, while the issue of not logging in for a minute.  my biggest issue is the Google Crawl status from the search console.  A few folks said they had similar challenge being on the godaddy shared hosted servers and lack of ability to manage the cpanel.

thanks again

h

7 REPLIES 7
    Super User IV

@alhussam 

mustaqbali.com doesn't seem to be hosted on GoDaddy or a WordPress site - what sort of "overload" message are you getting. 

In regards to not having cPanel  - that is because you are on a Managed Platform - for those saying you need cPanel  - they are used to dealing with Shared Hosting were you as the end user have to do more of the tweaks / settings where in this case GoDaddy is taking care of that for you.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi @PL281 

Appreciate your reply, for example i just got this error when attempting to login to wp-admin:

Error 429 Too many requests

and yes it's definitely hosted on a godaddy, just triple confirmed it's under "Products - managed wordpress"  i have the same issue on other sites i have hosted there such as www.thinkmena.com which is another website that i recently launched with barely any traffic on it yet.  i get the same "Error 429 Too many requests".  The site has only 10 pages, a handful of plugins and i'm the only active users visiting it.

thanks

h

@alhussam 

The Error 429 isn't something specific to you site / to much traffic - it just means the Managed WordPress server is getting a little too much traffic at that moment - I find it resolves itself - If it continues you may want to backup the site - then delete / re-setup the site and more than likely it will actually deploy to different node and be better

@PL281 Thank you for your replies and input.  I think i need to look for a different server, while the issue of not logging in for a minute.  my biggest issue is the Google Crawl status from the search console.  A few folks said they had similar challenge being on the godaddy shared hosted servers and lack of ability to manage the cpanel.

thanks again

h

@alhussam 

Just as any FYI - I have almost 200 sites on the Managed  WordPress platform - and other than the one off issue - I've never had issues with the Google search console - having access to cPanel should have nothing to do with Google Search Console - you mentioned the 429 error on logging in - what Google Search console issue are you getting?

@PL281 

that's interesting, i guess i was getting bad advice 😞 .  Several folks kept referencing GoDaddy's configuration on shared web hosting as the potential issue.  here is the error i get

Discovered - currently not indexed

Googles explanation from their support pages: Discovered - currently not indexed: The page was found by Google, but not crawled yet. Typically, Google tried to crawl the URL but the site was overloaded; therefore Google had to reschedule the crawl. This is why the last crawl date is empty on the report.

If you have other thoughts i would appreciate sharing them

thanks for all your input
    thanks
    h

@alhussam 

I've never seen that particular error in Google Search Console - Usually what I do is to submit the sitemap XML file (generated by one of the SEO plugins) and then let google do it's thing.