cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't edit my A records

For some reason I can't edit my A records (see below!) ! I need to insert my Weebly IP address in my A record so that I can use my domain on my new Weebly site. Can you please help me? Thanks!Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 2.28.48 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Can't edit my A records

I can't edit domain A record. I tried to change the IP but Im getting error message saying:

An unexpected error occurred. If this issue continues, contact support

So I created new A record and put the new IP there, but I can't remove the old A record, please help asap,  I now have two A records with two different IP addresses pointing to one domain.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't edit my A records

Hi @bsampson5. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you have forwarding setup for your domain. This locks the A Record for the domain. You should be able to remove the lock by deleting domain forwarding from the domain. If this is happening to domains that do not use forwarding, please connect with our customer care team so they can take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

This didn't work for me, I have no forward setup for my domain, not sure how my a record got changed.  How do I edit the A record if there is no forward setup and there is no edit button

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @rymurata. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! This issue can also be caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If neither that nor the above suggestion help, you'll want to try to connect with support

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted
New

Its because a preset has been set on the account that permanently forwards you domain. You have to remove the preset or change the settings of the preset to unlock the A Records @. I stumbled through this process all the way and its very unclear to me on how to do this with their new interface. When i finally removed the preset. The option "Forward" became available and i was able to remove the forward.