cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Caution: Convincing scam emails

I received a paypal invoice for renewing my website domain. It had the correct renewal dates in it. I only caught that something was fishy as I was checking out and saw that the sender email was a mail.ru address - which clearly was not related to godaddy, and the charge was triple the actual cost (although it appeared reasonable).

Just posting this so others are aware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Bastiaan

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the sharp eyes and catching this phishing scam. A number of customers have been seeing this PayPal (not really PayPal) invoice as well. GoDaddy will never invoice you through another party. Whenever you're in doubt about an email - and before you take any other action - it's always a good idea to check the complete header data on the email and check the sender. Godaddy will always use only "@GODADDY.COM" in the address and never any other address using our name such as "@godaddy.billingaction.com" or "@godaddy.domainrenewals.ru".

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Bastiaan

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the sharp eyes and catching this phishing scam. A number of customers have been seeing this PayPal (not really PayPal) invoice as well. GoDaddy will never invoice you through another party. Whenever you're in doubt about an email - and before you take any other action - it's always a good idea to check the complete header data on the email and check the sender. Godaddy will always use only "@GODADDY.COM" in the address and never any other address using our name such as "@godaddy.billingaction.com" or "@godaddy.domainrenewals.ru".

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post