cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing nameservers error: "At least one IP address is required"

I have an A Record pointing to my IP.

I try to change my nameservers to what I've got setup on my server and I immediately get an email saying:

This is the error we received: IPAddresses: At least one IP address is required

I tried adding A records ns1 and ns2 with IP addresses pointing to the nameservers beforehand but that didn't help matters.

I've never used GoDaddy before but I've done similar DNS setups in the past with Moniker.

In Moniker I just have a tab named 'Own Namerservers (Glue Records)' whereby each nameserver (ns1-4.website.com) has a corresponding IP value and it works.

In Godaddy it doesn't even ask for an IP value when I enter the name servers and thenit tells me I'm missing an IP.

What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User II

@hedgehog90 

If you want to do ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com

You need to first set up "Hosts" within the DNS management screen (towards the bottom) this will then register those as valid name server which you should be able to change them to.

Keep in mind certain domain extensions have restrictions like that the name servers have to be on different IP blocks

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User II

@hedgehog90 

If you want to do ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com

You need to first set up "Hosts" within the DNS management screen (towards the bottom) this will then register those as valid name server which you should be able to change them to.

Keep in mind certain domain extensions have restrictions like that the name servers have to be on different IP blocks

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

That's fixed it!

Thanks 🙂