cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

DNS Records Not Updating - Can it be recovered to a previous date?

I was going to try and forward my website address to shopify.  I was not happy with shopify and want to revert my DNS records back to what they were a month ago.  I noticed under A is shows it as parked and then the CNAME is labeled the value as dns-verification.shopify.com

I canceled my shopify account, but it is still showing up here, do I have to edit it myself?  I'm stuck.

Site:  www.seasonalwonder.com

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@joe7807 

If you change the cNAME for www to @ you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

If your talking about changing to defaults for a GoDaddy registered domain @joe7807 then check out Manage DNS zone files. If you are wanting to return to a previous custom DNS setup then I hope you made a Zone file that you can restore? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@joe7807 

If you change the cNAME for www to @ you should be good to go

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

If your talking about changing to defaults for a GoDaddy registered domain @joe7807 then check out Manage DNS zone files. If you are wanting to return to a previous custom DNS setup then I hope you made a Zone file that you can restore? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head