cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Forwarding Failed Suddenly

I have my domain automatically forwarded to another website when someone types in the domain name URL. This has always worked well but suddenly it stopped working. The domain name now hangs although I have changed nothing. I logged into my GoDaddy account and the forwarding instruction is all there. Can someone please help? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you again @rd for being so caring and helpful. I had my problem solved by GoDaddy when they cleared out my account cache or something like that. But this has happened to me before and if it happens again, I will be studying the references you provided. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I'm wondering if the URL to which you are forwarding to might have changed @Jasper2010? If you were forwarding jasper2010.com to http://fb.co/jasper2010 just a simple change to a https URL might cause some issue? I'd first check to make certain the address you are forwarding to resolves properly. I hope that helps?
...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks for your suggestion @rd. No, the forwarded URL is exactly the same and that page loads easily if I type in the URL directly.

Unfortunately without knowing more it is difficult to know what the issue is @Jasper2010. The good news is here in the Community there are several threads about this exact issue that you might want to have a look through? I won't list them all here but you can use the Community search feature to find them. There was a good discussion in Domain Forwarding Not Working with potential issues you may be facing. Forwarding Not Working also has possible solutions to this issue as well? I hope those helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thank you again @rd for being so caring and helpful. I had my problem solved by GoDaddy when they cleared out my account cache or something like that. But this has happened to me before and if it happens again, I will be studying the references you provided. Cheers!

View solution in original post