cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain creation using reseller account ??

Hello Team,
I have few questions related to resell domain registration 

1. Can I get Domain creation API in reseller program?

2. who would be owner if domain is created under reseller account? me or my customer or anyoneelse?

3. Can you please tell me end to end flow of domain creation?

This answers are 'very helpful to me to take decision for became partner with Godaddy or not

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Let me see if I can tackle these for you @SolomonShawn? I've been a GoDaddy Reseller for awhile now, maybe I have some insights?

1. Yes, there is a domain API for resellers. Check out Get Started with GoDaddy API 
  2. GoDaddy has several Reseller programs and there are many ways to run your program. You can 'own' domains if your register them for a client or your client can create an account and 'own' their own domain. Probably the registrar of the domain with either be GoDaddy or one of their subsidiaries.
  3. There are many ways to peel a potato (see PETA... progress) the typical flow for me is that clients:
    1. Create an account
    2. Register their domain or other products
    3. Setup billing (invoiced through Reseller)
  • alternatively:
    1. You can register a domain from your account
    2. Bill your client outside of the Reseller

Those are only two ways but there are many more. There is a very robust group of resellers should you decide to get in the mix @SolomonShawn. I look forward to seeing you there. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Let me see if I can tackle these for you @SolomonShawn? I've been a GoDaddy Reseller for awhile now, maybe I have some insights?

1. Yes, there is a domain API for resellers. Check out Get Started with GoDaddy API 
  2. GoDaddy has several Reseller programs and there are many ways to run your program. You can 'own' domains if your register them for a client or your client can create an account and 'own' their own domain. Probably the registrar of the domain with either be GoDaddy or one of their subsidiaries.
  3. There are many ways to peel a potato (see PETA... progress) the typical flow for me is that clients:
    1. Create an account
    2. Register their domain or other products
    3. Setup billing (invoiced through Reseller)
  • alternatively:
    1. You can register a domain from your account
    2. Bill your client outside of the Reseller

Those are only two ways but there are many more. There is a very robust group of resellers should you decide to get in the mix @SolomonShawn. I look forward to seeing you there. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post