cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Forwarding domain without forwarding email

I tried forwarding my domain, so that if someone tried to visit www.my1domain.com they would be forwarded to www.my2domain.com. It worked, but now I am no longer recieving my email for me@my1domain.com.

I tried to fix with MX records for mail.my1domain.com, but it is not working.

is there a way to solve this so that www traffic is forwarded to the webpage www.my2domain.com, but maintain my email at non-GD mail.my1domain.com?

Thank you in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Forwarding domain without forwarding email

How did you forward the domain name?

The DNS records for web traffic are separate from those that direct email.  But if you changed nameservers, for example, you would need to make sure you have the proper MX records there.

New

Using the Forwarding box in DNS settings, under domain.

New

I tried sending an email to myself from another service and this was the response.

DNS Error: 1507275 DNS type 'mx' lookup of my1domain.com responded with code NOERROR 1507275 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of mail.my1domain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 1507275 DNS type 'a' lookup of mail.my1domain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 1507275 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of mail.my1domain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN 1507275 DNS type 'a' lookup of mail.my1domain.com. responded with code NXDOMAIN

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

It is hard to tell without direct access for testing.  Here is what I have so far...

nameservers are pointing here (default),

you have forwarding and that is working,

you have double checked the settings provided by the 3rd party email service but it is not working.

You may want to contact support to take a look.  It's possible something got locked up and needs a refresh.