cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Forwarding not working

Sometimes it does not work at all. Sometimes it shows an error message for a few seconds and then it forwards, and sometimes it works.

The URL it is forwarding to is always working, so it is not being generated from the URL that it is sending it to.

Any suggestions? Is GoDaddy forwarding normally reliable?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Forwarding not working

Hi @brynkaufman! Thanks for posting and being a part of the GoDaddy Community. Smiley Happy

As long as the forwarding it set up properly then it is pretty reliable and works without an issue. To try to figure out what the issue might be, we will need a little more info from you. If you are able to, can you provide the domain you registered with GoDaddy along with the URL you would like it to be forwarded to? Once we have this, we may be able to check it externally to see what the issue might be.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Forwarding not working/?isc=gdcommment

The URL that is forwarded is OahuShowing.com.

It goes to https://www.oahure.com/Show_Listings.php

Bryn Kaufman
Principal Broker & Creator of OahuRE.com
Cell: 808-425-7887
#1 Listing Team on Oahu
#1 Team for Sales Over the Last 10 Years

Thanks for the speedy response! I see the domain is working right now without an issue and the DNS on the domain seems to be correct and resolving properly. What kind of error are you seeing when it is not working? How often are you seeing it not loading the page you have it forwarded to? 

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

It does not work a lot. I would say 50% of the time I see the not working page and then after 4 seconds it loads the forwarded page.

I have others who say they can't get it to work at all and it never forwards them to the desired page.

Bryn Kaufman
Principal Broker & Creator of OahuRE.com
Cell: 808-425-7887
#1 Listing Team on Oahu
#1 Team for Sales Over the Last 10 Years
Solution

Since it is intermittent and I am not replicating the error right now, your best option would be to call in when the error is happening. This way our support team can look into the issue right away and will have more tools for troubleshooting than the users do here in our community forum. I do apologize there is not more I can find on this as to why this is not working for you 100% of the time.