How can domain name infringement be effectively solved

8 REPLIES 8

Domain name infringement

域名侵权问题如何能有效解决

Super User III
Super User III

Re: How can domain name infringement be effectively solved

@andilee 

Can you be more specific - I know you posted this in english and Chinese - Did someone register a domain similar to your business in China (or outside of China). Depending on where the domain is registered there will be different laws / rules as to what can / can't be done and also if your business is registered in that country. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

How can I contact the customer service of GoDaddy to solve my problem? Is there any online customer service

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@andilee 

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us - I suggest speaking to someone on the phone - GoDaddy may refer you to consult your local laws to resolve this vs them being able to - but customer support will at least point you in the correct direction.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Make a phone call, English say not very good communication can not have online customer service

Our laws have made it clear that the domain name is illegal, but the domain name was transferred from China to GoDaddy

Super User III
Super User III

@andilee 

GoDaddy does have chat support, however, based on the issue you are describing, I'm not sure that the chat agents will have access to what you need.

I suggest looking at https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/help/dndr/udrp-en which talks about domain disputes. Something like this needs to go through an administrative process and it is something that will take a little bit of time.

Please tell me how to contact the online customer service. Thank you