cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to find the current cost of renewal for domains on autorenew

GoDaddy has unfortunately become one of the shadiest of the shady on the web.  I don't believe it is any accident that once you place your domains on autorenew, the prices at which they will autorenew are not displayed automatically anywhere in the user's account information.  I had to look up in the Help files how to display the information!  And it is not easy or transparent. 

You have to first go to "My Products", then search for and find the link for "Manage All".  That takes you to the Domain Manager.  In the upper right portion of the page, to the right of the search box, there are two icons.  If you hover over them with your mouse cursor, you'll see the one on the left is "Simple list view", the default, and the one on the right is "Advanced list view".  If you click on the right-hand one, it loads the advanced list view of your domains.  Now there will be three (3) icons in the upper right area of the page.  You will need to click on the one on the far right, the "Advanced list view (Beta)"!  No, really!  But wait, there's more.

Now you must find and click on the link for "Edit Columns", just to the left of the "Filter" button in the list. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list that pops up, and you'll see one that says "Renewal Price".  Click the checkbox next to that one and then click on the the "Ok" button.

Now, finally, the list will be regenerated showing the actual renewal prices for each of your domains, current as of today's date.  There is no guarantee, of course, the prices will not rise again before the actual autorenewal dates.

Have you ever seen such an obvious ploy to cover up a business' prices they are charging the consumer? Oh, and by the way.  When you exit that list, the Beta Advanced list view, and try to bring it up again -- Yes, you guessed it -- the list defaults back to the Simple list view and you have to go through that whole process again.

Can you spell "Sleazy"?

My point for my diatribe is to echo what others on the forums are saying.  The prices for domain registration renewals keep going up and up, and GoDaddy is very obviously trying to hide that fact from us, the customers.  GoDaddy is unilaterally raising the prices, year after year, without any sort of advance notice to the domain owners, and hoping that no one sees it or pays much attention to it.

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: How to find the current cost of renewal for domains on autorenew

Another way to check the price is to add the renewal to the shopping cart, you don't need to checkout if you're not ready to renew.

New

And where, pray tell, is the shopping cart? I can't find the icon anywhere in my account. Is GoDaddy simply incompetent or playing games with its customers? Phooey!

Super User III

The product(s) would need to be added to the cart.  Select which you'd like to check and then click "Renew Now", don't worry this takes you to a conformation page.

https://account.godaddy.com/billing

New

Yeah, that worked on one account I support but on a second one, there was no cart icon on any page. When I called, I was told to select "Renew Now" and "don't worry, you don't have to renew"

Where else are prices kept hidden until after you try to buy the item? I think GoDaddy telephone support is second to none, but why is it so frequently necessary to call them on trivial matters that could easily be resolved by a better site design?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Farse. Thanks for posting. I'm perplexed as to why you wouldn't see a shopping cart on our website. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Also, as far as reviewing renewal prices for domains, those are also available in the Advanced List View in the Domain Manager as the initial post describes. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I have a screen shot but it isn't clear where to put it. I see no place for attachments and cannot embed it.

I also looked for Advanced List View and couldn't find it in my account. I'm perfectly willing to admit incompetence but think a better design would help us incompetents.

Super User III

Capture0730.PNG

Click the Photos icon in the Formatting toolbar to post a screenshot.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Farse - To access the Advanced List View, visit https://dcc.godaddy.com, and then click on the icon shown below:

DCC - ALV renewal price 001.png

Once you do that, you should see the option to Edit Columns. If you click that, you can choose the option to display renewal prices. 

DCC - ALV renewal price 002.png

I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Yes, found it. This reminds me of nothing so much as the mazes at the amusement park. I'm still left wondering why it's so hard to get to.

On the Domain Manager page, the designer found space to tell me what my domain is worth and to include a "Renew Now" link in the month (?) before renewal but not the cost of renewal. Does that sound forthcoming to you?

Thanks for you advice. My view of GoDaddy's treatment of their customers is unchanged.