cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I have NOT purchased SSL but I am getting "Your connection is not private" error

I registered a domain karaokejam.app and added it as an addon domain in my primary domain's cpanel. I have not purchased SSL form my domains. It's been more than 24 hours since I registered the addon domain but still I am getting the "Your connection is not private" error, even if I use different machine. I even tried to remove the addon domain then added again but still get the same result. newbie here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

An SSL certificate is what would make the connection private.  It is a requirement of the .app namespace to only use a secure connection.  For this reason the .app registration should have come with a free SSL credit, this credit should only be used for your .app domain.  Here is how to activate...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/activate-my-ssl-credit-31927

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

An SSL certificate is what would make the connection private.  It is a requirement of the .app namespace to only use a secure connection.  For this reason the .app registration should have come with a free SSL credit, this credit should only be used for your .app domain.  Here is how to activate...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/activate-my-ssl-credit-31927

View solution in original post

@Nate thank you very much sir! I have already redeemed my SSL certificate and it is now in "Pending Veriication" status. Thanks!

Anita sometimes new domains that you register have been registered by someone else in the past and are still connected to a hosting account somewhere.  More likely is that you are being impacted by the new "rules" or "standards" of encrytpion.

What is the domain name?  Perhaps I can help you find the answer to your question and/or fastest resolution.

@WebAmbienceThey have not applied an SSL certificate but that is a requirement of the .app registry.