cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Namesevers with Netlify not propagating

Hi,

I am having an issue with my co.uk domain on GoDaddy.

Can I please start by saying I have an understanding of DNS. I have successfully configured my DNS for 6 sites but something is not right with this co.uk domain.

So I bought a com and co.uk domain with GoDaddy.
I have my hosting with Netlify.
I linked my com domain with Netlify, update GoDaddy's nameserver entries to point to Netlify and it works. No problems.

However, with my co.uk I do the same and (even after talking to GoDaddy help 3 times) - this domain fails to resolve any DNS changes.

The help team are insistent this is not GoDaddy's issue and argue they know the problem, but all 3 have been wrong and have failed to help. Your help assistance need updating and educating on the current market status and CI/CD services. They are way too outdated and behind.

So my question is, please can someone, who knows something about DNS and Netlify or Heroku or similar... help me fix my problem here before I lose my mind.

You (GoDaddy) advertise yourselves and hammer it into people that they should use your services and carry on and on and on and on with your marketing. So that one day I try you out and in return I get a domain that doesn't work, staff that cant help me and 2 weeks of frustration. Its not fair.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Namesevers with Netlify not propagating

@GreggOD 

What is the domain name? There are a few tools I can use online to take a look and see if I can come up with something. I'm wondering if possibly it has something to do with it being a ccTLD but I won't know until I do some research. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you for getting back to me!

The domains are:
coldbrewstudio.com
coldbrewstudios.co.uk

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

It looks like the domain you're having troubles with isn't registered.  Double check your order history to see if it was included in the transaction.  Adding a domain to DNS or hosting doesn't actually register it.

Well it turns out you and right... and I am blonde. The registered domain I have is:
coldrewstudios.co.uk

Its missing the b for brew. Neither myself, my colleague or help staff picked this up. I'm such an idiot. Thanks for the help.