cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Over 6 days. DNS has not propagated. Nothing working.

Hi, all.

It has been 6 days without my company having email or a website and I'm at my wits end. I was simply trying to connect my GoDaddy domain to my WIX site via nameservers and it has turned into the 6 day mess that I listed in the title. 

Here are the things I know/have tried:

• I know that the nameservers have successfully gotten to WIX's side of things. I had a customer service rep from WIX screenshare with me to insure I put in the correct nameservers. And if you search our website on whois.com it shows the WIX nameservers.
  • It is not a fact of being impatient. It has been 6 days since the nameservers have been set up correctly. Well past the 48 I was told it would take.
  • Nothing is propagating. At all. When I go to whatsmydns.net nothing has switched to the WIX nameservers except for Australia and India. But this happened when the nameservers first switched 6 days ago. Nothing else has happened in 5 days.
  • GoDaddy has done their job. This is solely on WIX's shoulders now.
  • No one on the WIX side seems to know what is going on. I am supposed to be directed to an "advanced agent" sometime tomorrow because every other agent I have spoke to in the last 6 days (including the supervisors) cannot figure out the issue.

My domain is bigimprov.org . We are a non-profit and being offline is really hurting us--especially right now.

If anyone has any help for me it'd be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@WerryTithers 

1) I was able to get to your site bigimprov.org without issue

2) there is no MX record configured in wix you need to add that to their DNS

3) Can you send a screen shot of the error message - are you instead a network where the ip address on the network has to be updated

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@WerryTithers 

1) I was able to get to your site bigimprov.org without issue

2) there is no MX record configured in wix you need to add that to their DNS

3) Can you send a screen shot of the error message - are you instead a network where the ip address on the network has to be updated

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post