cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Selling My Domain

I put one of my domains up for sale a couple days ago and I have a couple questions.

Is there a way for me to change the price I listed it for?

If it doesn't sell by the renewal date, will it go back into sell to the public if the automatic renewal is turned off?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Selling My Domain

Depending on the type of listing you have for your domain you may or may not be able to change the price @SarahJM24. In terms of renewal, I wouldn't consider purchasing a listed domain that was close to expiration. In the case of domains like that I tend to utilize the GoDaddy Domain Backorder. If your domain expires it will absolutely go back into the purchasing pool.

If I am listing a domain I have a long renewal on it so that any potential buyers will not get the Norton that they can wait me out. A domain with three years included when purchased seems to be an incentive or at least it softens the blow? In my experience you get back several times what you spent on advanced renewals. I hope that helps. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks @rd.

So according to my billing details, my domain is listed as a “premium listing” and that expires on the 27th of August as far as I can tell.  So knowing what it's listed as, am I able to change the price?

As for the domain itself, it’s not set to renew until the end of July next year.  It's also good to know that if it doesn't sell I can just turn off the auto renewal and won't have to worry about it again.

I guess then my next question is, if it doesn't sell by the end of August, do I list it again or do I just not worry about it and turn off the auto renewal?

Super User III
Super User III

@SarahJM24 

This guide on GoDaddy Auctions should answer most of these questions. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

I find that domain sales rarely happen in s vacuum @SarahJM24. It is not exactly a List it and they will come situation. The reality is as long as you have control of the domain you can list it, relist it... 

Typically you can pull a domain (in an instance perhaps where you sold it offline) and list it again at a new price. I would advise that you always manage your renewals to ensure that nothing bills without knowledge. Happy selling!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head