cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable to save changes to nameservers

My domain is registered with godaddy, and I've been using their nameservers for a few years.

I'd now like to change to different nameservers.

In the 'My Domains' page I select my domain, choose DNS > Update Nameservers, which opens the Nameservers dialog.

I choose "I'll use my own nameservers", specify the nameservers, and click 'Save'... it briefly shows 'Loading', then remains on the 'Nameserver dialog', which I have to close/cancel. Back on 'My Domains' page, the nameservers listed haven't changed, nor if I open the Nameserver dialog again (i.e. it still shows "I'll use godaddy nameservers" selected).

If I have my browser dev tools open when I click the Save button, I can see that it sends a PATCH request to https://dcc.godaddy.com/api/v1/domains/nameservers/bulkName with a request payload that includes my domain name and specified nameservers.
The request receives a 422 (Unprocessable Entity) response.

(I assume this is part of the issue, but for all I know could be normal...)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Any help appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Unable to save changes to nameservers

Hello 

If this not resolve your issue then contact Godaddy team.

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Re: Unable to save changes to nameservers

Thanks ZulWeb; doing it via the DNSManagement page (as suggested in the link you posted) worked - so I guess the problem is just when trying to do it from the grid in the Domain Management page.