cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Using squarespace Domain to GoDaddy

Hello!

I have a domain that I got from Squarespace that I wan to host through GoDaddy. I have the hosting all ready to go, but I can't find a nameserver to place in Squarespace to route it correctly. Any time I try to edit the website on godaddy, it tries taking me to squarespace.

I have not had the domain long enough to transfer it to godaddy, but I plan on doing that when I am able. For now, I just need to find out what nameserver to enter into my squarespace domain settings; they require you do that on their end verses being able to do it on godaddy.

Thanks for all your help!

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Using squarespace Domain to GoDaddy

@TennoTalk wrote:

Hello!

I have a domain that I got from Squarespace that I wan to host through GoDaddy. I have the hosting all ready to go, but I can't find a nameserver to place in Squarespace to route it correctly. Any time I try to edit the website on godaddy, it tries taking me to squarespace.

I have not had the domain long enough to transfer it to godaddy, but I plan on doing that when I am able. For now, I just need to find out what nameserver to enter into my squarespace domain settings; they require you do that on their end verses being able to do it on godaddy.

Thanks for all your help!

@TennoTalk You'll need to update the domain's nameservers through Squarespace and modify them to the Godaddy hosting nameservers that were provided to you when you purchased the hosting package. It appears Squarespace offers guidance on how to do that here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205812348-Advanced-DNS-settings#toc-nameservers

---