cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification email not received

I registered a new domain name today and receive notification in my account that my email address needs to be verified.  The email never arrives.  I have verified that all emails from GODADDY.COM are white listed and even went so far as to check my email server logs.  The email server logs never show an incoming message attempt from Go Daddy.

It has been almost 3 hours and still no email.

Anyone have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Verificaiton email not received

Hello @dwa2005 ,

I'm assuming you have checked in the SPAM folder as well to make sure it accidentally didn't get added in there?

Sometimes, I've learned if it doesn't arrive in your mailbox, sometimes, simply changing your email address to a different email address, sometimes it gets through on the other email address. 

Hopefully, that helps you!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Yup.  Checked the usual spam locations and nothing there.  Like I said, there are no entries in my mail server from Go Daddy even attempting to make a connection over the SMTP port.

I did try changing email addresses yesterday.  Apparently when you do that, there are two emails that are sent (to the old address and the new address).  Both of which need to be verified.  However, I haven't received an email address to either one.  It has been over 24 hours and nothing.

Going to try and resend emails again today and see what happens.  This doesn't bode well for me trying to save money by registering a domain name with Go Daddy.  Never had any issues like this with a competitor.

Might just have to cancel the domain name registration to go somewhere else.

Super User I
Super User I

Agree, there shouldn't be that much problem. I might suggest that you contact Go Daddy support and verify that they can see the domain verification email being sent. Maybe a possible issue on the backend?!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***