cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

server IP address could not be found

Hello, 

I have recently bought the domain "sanctuaryofdreams.com" with an economy hosting. I have installed wordpress using my cPanel and everything is configured. However, when I try to reach my website it does not work and I am greeted with the message "server IP address could not be found". I did an nslookup on the domain and I noticed it was not connected to an IP address, so I updated my A record to point to the hosting server's IP address, but the website is still unreachable and the domain is still not connected to an IP. What could be the problem? please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: server IP address could not be found

@Rain40 

sanctuaryofdreams.com is still showing as available - perhaps you had a slightly different spelling when you registered it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

No, I am pretty sure that was the right spelling. It even shows up in my domains list. And it's the same domain connected to the hosting service. 

New

Actually, you are right. I looked at my receipt and there seems to be a typo. Is there a way to fix this?? In my receipt it says "santcuaryofdreams.com" where as the domain I want is "sanctuaryofdreams.com". Thank you for your trouble. 

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Rain40 

I would contact GoDaddy support - there is a specific window for refund on domains - sales/support will be able to help with this

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community