cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot send to Gmail / Hotmail / Outlook / O365

Hi there,

I have recently moved to GoDaddy Ultimate Web Hosting, however in doing so, I am no longer able to send to gmail / hotmail accounts.

I do not receive any bounce notices which leads me to suspect that Gmail / Outlook has accepted the mail and then binned it. 

Also, I note that the 'Track Delivery' option in my control panel doesn't work either. I cannot see any of my sent emails in there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot send to Gmail / Hotmail / Outlook / O365

Hi, @benwake. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! It's difficult to say what's happening if you're not getting a bounceback. It may help to know if you're seeing this issue with email sent from your website (for online forms, registrations, etc.) or just from sending email hosted on the server. 

From your mention of "Track Delivery", I'm guessing you've moved to a cPanel account. That feature is currently disabled. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hey @JesseW

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm just sending mail as normal, either via webmail (through cPanel) or via my desktop with Outlook. 

Both are delayed, so I'm pretty sure the issue is at the mail server. It did settle down for a few days but is back and causing problems again.

You're right, I'm on the Ultimate Linux hosting plan, at the Europe DC.

Thanks,

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@benwake - Initially, you said you were not able to send. However, now it sounds like the messages are delayed. cPanel email has a 3-minute delay on all outgoing emails. This was put in place by our email admins to help combat spam messages. If you're seeing a delay longer than that. Please get the headers from the emails that were delayed (from the receiving end), and get in touch with our support team. They can help you identify where the delay is occurring. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.