cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Lost access to workspace email

Hi, in order to better manage my domains I decided to transfer them to one godaddy accpunt which was easy to accomplish. Unfortunately I didn't realise my workspace email would not be transferred over.

I decided to transfer the domain back to my other godaddy account in the hopes that it will be fixed or I would be able to setup workspace email again but unfortunately I am unable to do this.

Please could someone advise on how to go about resolving this? Had I known my email would be affected I wouldn't  have transferred from one godaddy account to another godaddy account.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Lost access to workspace email

@fjear 

This is an issue that you will have to call GoDaddy support for and perhaps they will have a restore option (there maybe a fee)

For your information and others - when you transfer a domain between accounts it does cancel any add-ons / services associated with that domain as per the pop-up/alert - so just a note to double check. 

If you have multiple GoDaddy accounts and want to "merge" them together - this is something GoDaddy support can do and then all the items do transfer as the accounts are merge not just moved from one to the other

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

I did call customer services and was informed that since it was a free product it can't be restored. I am gutted as the email is setup  for use with banking services and appointment reminders from hospital.

I did ask to speak with a supervisor to see if as a goodwill gesture it could be restored as it was a transfer from one account to another with  godaddy . I was told the supervisor is in a meeting a call back could b e arranged which I agreed to.

I receive d a call with the same person I spoke with posing as a supervisor which is absurd, I have been a godaddy customer ever since  my domains were transferred over to godaddy as previous provider lost   icann accredidation and decided to shutdown.

I am going to look into other domain providers and take my domains with me  once I  find a company I am comfortable with.

Solution

Hi @fjear,

If a Workspace Email is cancelled in the account and re-created within a few days, the account should auto-restore. However, since your email plan was free (and a free plan no longer available), you can simply purchase a new Workspace Email plan and create an address using the same name. These plans are not available online, but can be purchased through a customer support agent. 

The previous suggestion to merge the accounts is a great option for you to keep your products together and manageable from one account. Our support team can do that for you, too.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

I appreciate your help but I have found a free email provider  with whom I have setup my domain with to receive emails. I am an individual and the basic free package was good enough for me.

After searching the web I came across many negative reviews about buying hosting with godaddy if in the future I do need an upgraded email package  I certainly won't be buying from godaddy.

I know my doing business else where won't affect godaddy but I am of the opinion it's godaddy's fault for not making it clear when a transfer is done between accounts actives services will be discontinued. I did not cancel my email it's no good trying to point the finger at me.

Thanks for your suggestion but no thanks.