cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail between two accounts on same domain is disappearing

Hi folks - interesting problem for you.

We have two office365 email accounts set up on our domain.  All seems to be fine when we send from one of these accounts (let's call it #1) to another (#2).

When we try to send from #2 to #1, the emails are not received by #1, and there is no bounce message received by #2 - they just seem to disappear.

Mail sent from other domains to #1 do appear to be received - however, we're not confident that all email is being received - as we know we have this intra-domain problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mail between two accounts on same domain is disappearing

Hi @Isochron,

any thoughts or sugestions?

yes, use one email account and different mailboxes with filters to sort mail between the two! Even 'grep' can be used to easily sort thousands of emails in seconds if there is not good filtering available in your email client (that's when I change email client). Your email filters work like a very basic grep.

Thanks Rammenstein, but that's not a road I'd like to go down.

For security and privacy (not to mention that it's the way it's supposed to work!), I want our two users to have separate mail accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Isochron,

Oh, I see what you mean now! I didn't fully understand the query.

What is your domain name? I can run a few checks for you, and perhaps send a couple of test emails with your permission. I'm always busy, and not a godaddy employee, so please be patient for response. It's 8am GMT and I need coffee!

Thank you!

Thank you!

The domain is isochron.co.uk and the two emails are:

• ihogg@isochron.co.uk
  • afowler@isochron.co.uk

The problem one is ihogg@isochron.co.uk - this is not receiving mail from afowler@isochron.co.uk

I believe that it is receiving mail from all other sources.

A side note is that the ihogg address has been set up with a number of aliases, e.g. info@isochron.co.uk - we  believe these are also still working.

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Isochron,

I was able to access the mail server earlier today, seemed ok and I was able to send a couple of test emails. Whether you got the I am not sure, I can't test if you did without usernames and passwords to those accounts (a job for support there). But now 11pm GMT I can't connect to your mail server?? So I don't know if you have changed a few things around?

Anyhow, thought you would like the following link to go over and tick all the boxes again.............

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/add-user-email-accounts-8900

Highlighted

Thank you rammsteinium - looks like I'm going to have to talk to support I think.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Is your domain hosted at GoDaddy ? If so I'm seeing the exact same thing.  Any mail that goes between two emails on the same GoDaddy domain briefly shows up on the other end, then magically disappears. The event that seems to cause the disappearance is either the Mac mail client or Exchange connecting to the GoDaddy server.