cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Omitted my website.

A man erik@elitetechdepartment.com >  has sent me emails stating that I need to update my website because there are errors according to him. He is threatening to omit my website if I don't contact him directly  (480-310-8080). I have called the  number he put in the email and he does not return my call. I have contacted Go Daddy and they won't tell me whether this guy works for them or not. I spoke with Damon at Go Daddy and he stated that I need to pay to protect my website. Damon Stated that my website is not secure online Google, he is correct my website is not secure online at Google. I need the truth about this guy Erik Leo and whether or not he woks with Go Daddy. I was not told I needed to buy an SSL when I choose my domain name.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Omitted my website.

Hey there @Melanie2262,

All official email from GoDaddy either comes from @godaddy.com or @secureserver.net. So no, this man is likely not an employee and isn't acting in an official capacity even if he was.

As to needing an SSL, that information is correct. If your site doesn't have an SSL then Google will eventually get around to placing a big warning on your website anytime someone tries to go to it tell them it's not secure. I would advise getting one on your domain as soon as you can.

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

So since elitetechdepartment.com is registered with godaddy maybe you guys should block the scammers domain... We have numerous customers also getting these calls.

Highlighted
Solution

Hi @crexendo,

Welcome to the Community!

These posts are several months old. If you are still receiving emails from this domain, we encourage you to submit a report where appropriate (depending on scope of abuse): https://www.godaddy.com/help/reporting-abuse-27154? Or you can send a copy of one of the emails to the abuse department at: phishing@godaddy.com for review. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support