cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Recipient getting bounceback

A recipient, a client, is having trouble responding to my emails to her. This has never been an issue with her until now, and as far as I can tell, it's not happening with others. Here is the bounceback response. Please help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mail Delivery System <mailer-daemon@maildistiller.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 3:15 PM
To: Judy Antisdel
Subject: Undeliverable: [FWD: Hard Facts About Soft Skills: Interviews with Experts]

This is the Proofpoint Essentials Dispatch mail system.

Proofpoint Essentials tried to deliver your email message, but was unable to do so for reasons outside our control.

We recommend contacting the person or service responsible for looking after the recipient domain's email server directly.

The last error message we have available from the recipient's server is included right below, along with an extract of your
email:

<henry@mortimercommunications.com>: host smtp.secureserver.net[68.178.213.37]
    said: 550 5.1.1 67.231.154.164 is not allowed to send from
    <annetisdale.com> per its SPF Record. Please inspect your SPF settings, and
    try again. IB508 <http://x.co/srbounce> (in reply to RCPT TO command)

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Recipient getting bounceback

@henrymort2 

Hmmm.... So the error notes "not allowed to send from" for what I assume is your client's address.  

...is not allowed to send from <annetisdale.com> per its SPF Record. Please inspect your SPF settings, and try again.

The error also notes: 550 IB508 which indicates:

The sending email address's domain has an SPF record that does not authorize the sending email server to send email from the domain.

This is remedied by:

Modifying the SPF record to include the server you are trying to send from, or remove the SPF record from the domain.

So from what I can tell this is something that you client needs to address on their side on their domain record/setup.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Recipient getting bounceback

That's what I thought - thanks!