cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unable to send email through GoDaddy

Hi,

I have created an email account on GoDaddy.co.in. While developing the application, I tested the email functionality using gmail. But after hosting the site, instead of gmail, I want to use my Godaddy email id.

I want to send email from the same account to the same account. Sender and receiver are same. This is my email "contact@digitalpal.co.in"

I have below settings in my web.config.

Snippet 

<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="contact@digitalpal.co.in">
        <network host="relay-hosting.secureserver.net" port="25" enableSsl="false" userName="contact@digitalpal.co.in" password="*******" />
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>

What am I missing here? I am using C# .Net

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unable to send email through GoDaddy

Hi @Digitalpal. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It's not clear what is happening when you try to send an email with the script in question. If you can explain what kind of error you're getting, that may help others respond. I can tell you that relay-hosting.secureserver.net does not require authentication, so you can leave off the username and password section. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

All I want to do is send an email from contact@digitalpal.co.in to the same email id.

In case of any errors, I want to log some error, for which I am creating a text file in my application's root folder. 

But neither email is getting send nor any text file is getting created. So it becomes difficult to to track where the things are going wrong.

I do not receive any errors on application UI. So I can't even describe what the problem is.

Below is the screen shot from Chrome developer tool. I receive this error.

Can you find out something from it?

By the way, I am sending an image attachment through email. Will that cause below problem?

Capture.PNG

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Digitalpal - Unfortunately, I'm not able to get much from the screenshot as I'm not a developer. However, I can see a few possible issues with digitalpal.co.in. First, the domain is set to use our Workspace Email per its DNS. If that's what you intend to use for email service, you'll want to make sure that you have your domain's MX Entry settings set to "remote". This tells the server that it needs to deliver all emails to an outside server. Otherwise, it will just try to deliver the mail locally, which won't work since your address is not set up there. Second, you may be having an issue with the lack of SPF records. Though typically, this just causes the mail to go to a spam folder instead of being rejected. I'd suggest adding one indicating that mail for the domain can be sent from secureserver.net. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi JesseW,

After some research I could find that the application could not create a log file because of insufficient access rights.

I referred this post and gave full control to the directory but it still does not create any error log file.

so I manually created one text file. But I still get the same access denied error.

If I can get the error logs I can move ahead with actual problem.

Thanks.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Digitalpal - I'm not sure. Permissions can be a complex subject. One thing you could also try is changing the trust level that you're using. This article explains more about that. 

Solution

Hey,

Thanks for that link. I followed the steps given and configured the access permissions.

After that I could see error logs generated. And looking at the error logs, I came to know that the issue was related to SSL and port number.

I tried with port no 25, 465, 587 with EnableSLL true and false.

Port 25 with SSL false worked for me.

I am receiving emails now.

Thanks.