cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Webmail - Unable to log in - Says wait x hours and try again

Been using webmail for years on a bunch of email addresses. A couple days ago I got an error when I tried to log in to my main email account saying it failed to log in and wait 56 minutes before trying to log in again. I thought it was weird but waited. Later that day it said wait 3 hours and 12 minutes before trying to log in again. Today it says wait 6 hours. The issue happens on multiple browsers and platforms.

All of my other webmail email addresses work fine. And if I log into my main Godaddy hosting account, choose email, select the problem email address from the list, and launch webmail from there it opens up just fine.

Not really sure what is going on. When I've seen that sort of message before on other sites it usually means too many unsuccessful login attempts. This message just says failed and try again.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks!

Adam

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Webmail - Unable to log in - Says wait x hours and try again

Yes, Adam - Been having the same problem since Friday.  I have had to sign in to the godaddy.com page first, then go to wcc.godaddy.com in another tab.  It open up where you can click on your email you need to check, then click the launch button.  I have had 2 LONG conversations with chat about this, and they say it may be my wifi server restricting me 😕 ... don't think so, cause everything everywhere still works fine, but I cannot sign in because of the timeout/wait thing.  I think someone at Godaddy changed something and I hope they fix it very soon.  Helpful hint:  While in the wcc page, you can choose email settings and choose copy to: and choose another email address of yours, like gmail, etc. ... and your emails will forward over so you can at least check them, without this sign in problem.. Hope that helps. I am tired of the whole chat, then getting the "it's you" runaround.  Good luck. 

Yes! I too have been having this problem since Friday, October 6. The first time I got the message, I hadn't even logged in -- I have my email set to autofill so alI I need to do is click the Sign In button. But that's when it started. Every few hours I would try again (from different computers, on different browsers) and I would get the same message, although it would give me a range anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours. The online chat was not very helpful because they said they couldn't get into the account. 

So, my workaround so far is that I was able to access the account by requesting a new password. But every time I'm logged out - which is every 24 hours now - I will have to request a new password just to access the inbox. 

What sucks is I'm supposed to be on VACATION and not having to deal with this email. BOOOOOO.  

I really hope they realize this is happening and it gets fixed soon. 

Other email accounts are fine. But one gives this message: Looks like you're having trouble signing in. Please wait 9 minutes 54 seconds before trying again.

ID & PW's are OK; no confusion with main account log-in, etc.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HTPurrball@LostAndBound@jamesrhahn. Sorry you're having trouble. This is actually something that has been going on for a few days. I apologize if our support team hasn't given you the correct information. They should have access to remove the lock for you directly. Logging in via your GoDaddy account is probably a good workaround until this is fully addressed. I will do my best to update this thread once the issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Is there any update on this yet? It's been over a week and I'm getting very frustrated. I have two domains I and am having problems accessing my e-mail with both of them. Have already made two calls to customer service, they tell me that my account doesn't showed locked and they don't know what the problem is. Sometimes I get the message to wait x hours and other times it says incorrect user name or password. I can get into my e-mail the roundabout way by logging into my GoDaddy account and then launching mail most times when I'm on my desktop (although sometimes that just says "loading"), but that trick doesn't work at all on my laptop. For some reason on my laptop when I try to log in to the GoDaddy homepage it just takes me to the same secureserver.net page that won't let me in. 

This is my business e-mail, I need to be able to log in.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @CareyLC and everyone else. This should be resolved now. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread since it was related to a specific issue. If you continue seeing the issue, please connect with our customer care team so they can take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.