cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Workspace Desktop Notifier

My Workspace Desktop Notifier disappeared yesterday and i cannot find how to get it back in My Tray/Task Bar.

i am on Windows 10.

Is there another way i can be notified when a new email comes in?

Thanks
🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Workspace Desktop Notifier

Hi @Wizeup. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Unfortunately, support for the Workspace Desktop Tool (which included the notifier) ended in 2017. We removed the ability to download the tool around that time. My understanding is that we are looking to replace the notification function with a browser alert, but I'm not sure when that will be available. Until then, you might want to consider connecting to your email plan with an email client. That should be able to give you a notification when emails come in. Hope that helps.  

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Dumbest idea ever --  Lets do away with something that worked and was convenient for our users.

Godaddy should fire people who do stuff like this.  Did it save you a lot of money or?  explane the thinking.

New

I definitely agree with you on that, jer5. In the last month all of a sudden my notifier stopped simply being able to do the remote check. Was wondering what was screwed up. Now we find that GoDaddy dropped support and even access to the workspace desktop with no replacement and no notification (at least that I received)? I agree, how stupid is that? Really bad move, GoDaddy.

I have also seen other answers on this topic where they say just use Office 365, or Outlook, or as noted above maybe they will build a web notifier plugin. One of the good things about the desktop notifier was that we did not need to have Email always open or connected or we did not need to have a browser open. Some of us use our systems for more than just surfing and want to use resources most efficiently rather than have applications running "just because".

New

I noted this has been an issue for a few months now, wasn't sure why until I searched and found this post.

Will GoDaddy advise why they stopped supporting this, please? Also, why no communication about this with your customers?

The Workspace Notifier was an incredibly convenient way to see emails received on all accounts at a glance.

I just found out about this through a search as well. The Desktop notifier had stopped functioning for a while now, and now I know why. It worked just fine up until that point, and there was no warning of the function being removed. Really questionable decision, now I need to find an alternative.

Dumbest decision ever Godaddy. Thanks for giving me a reason to find another host for my email.