• Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Local SEO

Help please.

My website is declining fast under local SEO. Every day I leave do follow back links and anchor text.

Competitors directory listings are now above my website. What is going on ? What can I do to move up on local SEO.

Thanks,

Chris                                                                              
    Owner                                                                                                                                         CEL Financial Services          

IRS Registered Tax Preparer                       
    Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer

Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Fillmore needs.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Local SEO

I need some help please.

Chris                                                                              
    Owner                                                                                                                                         CEL Financial Services          

Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Fillmore needs.

Hep please. I need more content to move up on local SEO. I have increased the number of words on website today. Will this help me move up on local SEO.

Chris                                                                              

https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/

Help me please

Chris                                                                              
    Owner                                                                                                                                        CEL Financial Services          

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Hey, @TaxMan2 

So I did a quick search for Professional Income Tax Fillmore California -- and there you are -- #2.  Both in Google and Duck-Duck-Go.

Maybe you can provide more details as to where you need help -- specifically? Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

Re: Local SEO/?isc=gdcommment

On local SEO, I am number 5 with director listings above me. I just added
    more words on my website but this is not a factor yet

Christopher Lee
    CEL Financial Services
    Phone: 805-625-0796
    Fax: 805-456-6466
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Local SEO/?isc=gdcommment

@TaxMan2

Not sure what you mean by "director listings" above you...

SEO is not about adding words.  It is about building a great site chock full of content and knowledge that impresses your site visitors (and search engines). 

You also have to look at the sites that rank higher than you and do better than them on all fronts.   Right now you are a 4 page brochureware site.  All your pages are pretty much the same with very little content.  

Knowing what phrases you want to target (because you did keyword research to determine what your target market would most likely use) then integrating those phrases properly and consistently in a wealth of articles is your best chance of improving rankings over the long term.

Work on adding content that reflects your expertise, what you can do for people and explaining the process of working with you.  Consider adding a FAQ page where you answer all the questions you get asked on a regular basis.  Then plan on adding a new page/article at least once a week that has info that helps your target market.

Beef your About Me page -- a lot.  Talk about why you do what you do, how you started, what separates you from the rest.  Have your About Me page structured to talk to that one person on the other side of the screen who is wondering why they should choose you.  This helps to humanize your site and build your trust factor.  

You also want to update your copyright from 2018 to 2019 so it appears that the site is being paid attention to.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

Re: Local SEO/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

How do I do this?
    You also want to update your copyright from 2018 to 2019 so it appears that
    the site is being paid attention to.

What do I say on about me page?

Leo Lopez Income Tax Fillmore CA, 93015 – Manta.com

Leo Lopez Income Tax in Fillmore, CA - (805) 524-0479 - Profile

[image: image.png]
    www.buzzfile.com/business/Leo-Lopez-Income-Tax-805-524-0479

CEL Financial Services Income Tax Preparation Fillmore, CA 250 E ...

[image: image.png]
    https://www.yellowpages.com › CA › Fillmore

Words are content too?

Christopher Lee
    CEL Financial Services

The copy right has been updated

Where would be a site on place that I can get ideas on what to say on my pages?

Chris                                                                              

https://incometaxprepfillmore.com/income-tax-santa-paula-ca

Thank you so much @Muse I have done what your recommend.

Chris                                                                              
    Owner                                                                                                                                   CEL Financial Services          

Super User I

@TaxMan2 

In regard to your questions about content and what to write about.  You know the questions your get asked about most, right?  You also know, based on your experience, the topics that your clients struggle with and need guidance on.

Those are the things you write about.  Not just as a sale pitch to get them to contact you, but in sharing the information and details that can help them.  When you share your experience and knowledge in articles, that builds trust and your authority in the eyes of those who visit your site.  And those are the folks who may contact you. 

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

Re: Local SEO/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Thank you. I will see how I stand on local SEO in a week. I submitted my
    site for SEO crawl.

Christopher Lee
    CEL Financial Services
    Super User I

@TaxMan2 

Good job!  But keep in mind this is a long term effort.  Don't expect to see extraordinary results in a week or even a month for that matter.   Attaining decent rankings takes consistent effort (adding new content on a regular basis -- one a week is a good target) and time to build.

Judith

I have three thousand back links to my website. This plus content should help me a lot

Chris                                                                              
    Owner                                                                                                                                           CEL Financial Services