• Marketing Your Business
  • Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper III

Need a Mentor? GoGetter Community has them! Best yet--It's Free!

Good morning, everyone. I am @TalkwithGail here on GoDaddy's GoGetter Community. I am one of your small business mentors and would love to assist you in your burning questions about starting and running your business. I have been in my chosen career field of interior design for over 38 years (and have owned my own company now for 19). I weathered the storm of the financial crisis we all suffered some years back--many many did not. It takes talent and experience to pull that off. 

Go to the mentor section and check out all of the great folks that are willing to assist you out of the kindness of their little hearts and their gracious desire to be helpful. We get nothing from this except the satisfaction of knowing we did good for someone.

Look me up and read my bio. I have a few more spots where I can fit in someone to mentor. looking forward to "meeting up" with you.

Talk with me. Nothing is more helpful than an optimistic, truthful, and unbiased opinion. (Kudos are welcomed. Thank you!)
    9 REPLIES 9
    estieg
    Former Employee

Re: Need a Mentor? GoGetter Community has them! Best yet--It's Free!

Great post @TalkwithGail , we've just publicly launched so over the next few days and weeks I'm sure we'll see a lot more folks pinging the site.  Looking forward to hearing how it's going for you!

Eric

If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"

Howdy,

Yes am looking for a mentor am new to this media world. I am psychic who now going to social media world, everyone has only hear me threw world of mouth. I've start set up my web pg but not sure if am even head in  the correct way!I am wondering if there is anyway i get someone to kinda help me on my journey? thank you many blessing

misty bost
    Helper III
    Solution

Good evening, Misty

First, start by filling in your personal profile page. In this manner, a prospective mentor will know a little bit more about you. You can also click on the mentor section and read the biographies of the various mentors as well. Now you will be able to find a great match for the kind of mentoring relationship you are searching for. Best of luck to you in your new area of business!  

Talk with me. Nothing is more helpful than an optimistic, truthful, and unbiased opinion. (Kudos are welcomed. Thank you!)

Hi,

i have a website thru Godaddy but I am at a loss at how to market my products.  Not sure if I’m utilizing all the right buzz words so as to optimize customer base.  I need help!

Helper III

Hey, there!  Thanks for connecting on GoDaddy. There are so many great webmasters to team up with in this community and each one is helpful and knowledgeable. Me, @TalkwithGail, am there to help you with the business of business. Web stuff I leave to the masters of it all--especially nowadays. It is far different than even a few years ago when I used to do all my own webdesign, etc. Now it's down to the biz of making money and not wearing all the hats. 

Reach out to those experts in our mentoring program. You can read all the bios and decide whom you'd like to contact. (Please keep your requests to only two mentors and be patient for them to respond--they are business owners as well and the workdays have a way of running out of time to get all things done.)

Wishing you the best in your web endeavors!

Hi @TalkwithGail,.   I am finding all sorts of things here, look fwd ot learning more.     I've been in HBA leadership for 30 yrs andn this new "beyond my scope" term is such a downfall. Thx for providing suppport here. 

B

9021LOWE
    Helper III

Good morning @billylowe310   glad you've found GoDaddy's community and mentor program. Please let us, or myself @TalkwithGail, know how we may be of assistance to you. Each of us bring something a bit different to the table. I have been in the same career field of Interior Design for over 38 years and my own company has just entered it's 20th year. (Yep, congrats to me!). So, I know the struggles of start-up are one thing, but keeping it running is a whole other ball game. It doesn't matter what your product or service is, biz is the same and requires the same patience and type of direction. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Have a wonderful day.

@TalkwithGail  WOW - interior design - spaces planning, colors -   everything I love andn know NOTHING about.  Now if you want to put a product up at Macy's o,r get on QVC, I'm your guy - hhhahah.  

I STUMBLED in to code b/c I'm probablu one of the odlest Godaddy store builders,,,,adn on a few of the 1st template pilot programs - if you added a photo, thre was no margin so, the copy gotuched the photo,.      HELLO "HSPACE=....."'    tHEN My 2nd theme switch had  some image hover or container errors that steppedd kon my master images so by then  I knew enough about design elements ON a page I thought I'd just design each pf myself (within some sort of template or skeleton if you will).    

so, to anyone that wants to chime in,,,, is there a BASIC THEME that i can easily customize perhaps a default WP theme - or are we even allowed to ask those questions here??  

FABRIC FABRIC FABRIC,,,,,,,,,,,,    

i need to get on  my on-site link building and finalizing product listing data entry.   

MILK DUDS ANYONE?    MARTINI?   HAAHAHA 

9021LOWE

Hi Gail,

Love the spirit! 🙂  I would love a mentor! I tend to get stuck on technology, one of the many hats you need to wear when a solopreneur! 

How do I get in touch with a mentor? 

Bless you, Gail and others out there doing a great job mentoring!

Dani