cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper II

SEO & Backlinks

One of my passions is SEO, and I do a lot of researching online and experimenting. There is conflicting information out there about how important backlinks are, but from experience I've learned that they definitely matter. I've created websites for others & set up on-page SEO and watched them do better than mine, with the only real difference being how many good backlinks their owners were able to get. (observed on those for whom I also monitor SEO) Luckily, we haven't been in competing markets. As a digital freelancer, it feels like it's fairly difficult to get good backlinks. And every blog article has the same tired tips.

What are your favorite ways to lend authority to your website online? How do you get noticed? Whether that be quality backlinks or another strategy .. Believe me, I'd be happy to forget all about backlinks. Looking forward to seeing what's working for others.

--The largest litter of kittens produced was 19 kittens. - Cat Fact # 77--
    15 REPLIES 15
    Employee
    Employee

Re: SEO & Backlinks

@coderainbow, I think you addressed this question beautifully, and left breadcrumbs to the answer in your question. Per my experience, backlinks themselves are a low on the list of important SEO factors, but the quality of the backlinks is crucial. A backlink from a reputable source that gets a lot of traffic and is in a similar industry is the best kind from what I've seen.

Helper I
    Helper I

@coderainbow wrote:

One of my passions is SEO, and I do a lot of researching online and experimenting. There is conflicting information out there about how important backlinks are, but from experience I've learned that they definitely matter. I've created websites for others & set up on-page SEO and watched them do better than mine, with the only real difference being how many good backlinks their owners were able to get. (observed on those for whom I also monitor SEO) Luckily, we haven't been in competing markets. As a digital freelancer, it feels like it's fairly difficult to get good backlinks. And every blog article has the same tired tips.

What are your favorite ways to lend authority to your website online? How do you get noticed? Whether that be quality backlinks or another strategy .. Believe me, I'd be happy to forget all about backlinks. Looking forward to seeing what's working for others.

In my opinion, in order to lend an authority is to be an authority. You can try guest posts and expand your social media profiles. You already know that content is king. How often do you update your website with quality content?

Helper II

Thanks for the input guys! I do update my content quite frequently, either by adding to my blog or making small tweaks to copy on my main pages. I constantly monitor my SEO. I have a little more trouble building my social media profiles because my posts are a little dry. And I haven't tried guest blogging yet. I'm not really sure where to start with that, I guess. I'm much better with the technical side of SEO and marketing.

--The largest litter of kittens produced was 19 kittens. - Cat Fact # 77--
    Helper III

Here's a little "copy" of what one BIG website is doing to the designers/subscribers who helped it grow to extremes--now in the midst of the design industry's contemplating of a class action.

houzz no-follow-link-on-houzz-for-me(pp_w481_h177).png

You can read the entire article on www.laurelberninteriors.com website blog under the title "The truth behind the pretty interiors on houzz". It's a very eye opening article worth reading.

Talk with me. Nothing is more helpful than an optimistic, truthful, and unbiased opinion. (Kudos are welcomed. Thank you!)

When link building I usually start with local directories that provide citations such as Yellowpages, Citysearch, Yelp, etc., I consider these the basics that every business should have whether they are targeting locally, nationally or internationally this is great place to start.

From there, there are more advanced link building tactics we use for our clients such as:

1) Niche Directories
    2) Blog Comments
    3) Guest Posting
    4) Chamber of Commerce Links
    5) .EDU Scholarships

Hope that helps!

Greg Beddor: Portland SEO Consultant

I think

e all agree that backlinks are relevant. My field is real estate and when I purchased my first website I read to tie into as many relevant websites as possible to grow my site organically. I began linking into as many real estate sites as possible and I saw results. The goal was to increase leads and I started getting calls.

I used another strategy back then and it worked but  I would like to hear why from another web pro.as to why it worked.

I used Hidemyass Pro. I switched every 30 seconds to another country and the following morning I was on the top of Google. Truth is, the ranking didn't last. 

I'm trying to transition from real estate sales to real estate websites and redirected a URL to another that was already set up and had issues optimizing. I was then told the redirect doesn't optimize.

But, I'm working on a few of my clients' sites and they are jamming

I've seen miracles with theirs, one is a mortgage broker and another is a Realtor. I began blogging each others info on the other site and I tied them together on each other's social media. This has worked wonders.

I've been using LinkCollider for quite some time and the backlinks from this site seem to work. The social sharing doesn't seem to work though.

How can I increase social media shares?

Thank you,

Todd

The last thing has anyone spam-vexed with Index Kings?

R. Todd Cox
    706-325-0735
    coxwebtechnnologies.com
    New

I want to get high relevant DA backlinks to my site  https://www.amerimort.com

Does anyone know how to solve SEO issues and also get quality Backlinks for a web hosting website? I will really appreciate it. https://www.martwebhosting.com

Blogger

Hi there, for high-quality backlinks you can either write some high quality & useful content on the blog like www.medium.com or simply hire a good SEO company to get the job done for you.

New

So, If have a single URL where my biz lives, but have a dozen or so URL's I own, what's the best way to get these other URL's working to drive traffic to my main site? Just forward the URL? Or is it better to build some content at each URL, then get visitors to link to my main site?

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

@MexGkc 

That depends....  If the domains basically apply to the same niche, you can forward and if folks guess and type them in they find your primary site.  Once forwarded, you can also use those other domains in off-line or other promotions then track in your stats to see how those efforts or campaigns produced.

Creating a stable of similar sites just for links is not worth the cost or effort.  Make your primary site the best it can be and work on building linkable content there.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

I've been looking into the importance of backlinks and improving my Domain Authroity and site score myself for a few months now. I started my teaching resources site last year and knew it would take awhile to get the page to rank high on Google. 

So, what I have done lately is to connect with a bunch of bloggers in my industry (teaching and education) and asked if they'd be interested in doing a guest post exchange. So, I create a blog post about their site on my blog and they do the same for me. Since we're helping each other out, I had a great response and was able to get a dozen or so backlinks on high quality pages within my niche. 

I also then create visually rich pins to each blog and promote them on Pinterest to get more viewers coming to my pages. In the past few months I have seen my DA improve and the number of visitors is rising to my page! 

Luke

https://www.studentsofhistory.com/

I am also new in SEO industry. But I follow many SEO blogs to learn about SEO and link building. Few days back I follow a blog SEO Basics and found a very useful article about link building. I want to share it with you. Here is the link https://www.seobasics.net/how-to-build-quality-backlinks/.

I hope you will also enjoy this and it will help you to achieve quality backlinks for your sites.

Quality backlinks are very important in today's time if you want to get ranked. Even i have seen many websites saying backlinks are important whereas some says backlinks are not important. 

But from my personal experience i will say good quality backlinks are really important in todays time. For me as well finding good backlinks have been really hard as well. I have to do a lot of research to find good quality backlinks. 

-----------Just sharing my website link --------- https://www.fisixworld.com. If  you have any suggestion related to my website i will be thanked for your website.

Hello @coderainbow and @Muse,

Thanks for sharing such a valuable content. i would like to request you to suggest some Blogging and HIGH PR directory list so that we can boost our rating in google search results.

Regards

Himanshu

Propliners Realty