• GoDaddy Community
  • Marketing Your Business
  • Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Website has virtually no traffic even with specific key words on google my business.

I have had my website up for about 3 months now with extremely minimal traffic. I have multiple cross reference key words so that we can be found but we either do not show in google search or the key words aren't working for us. We are a specific as we can be. We need to be visible but I do not know what else to do. 

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Webiste has virtually no traffic even with specific key words on google my business.

@mrollins 

3 months isn't very long.  And, inputting keywords here or there is only part (very small part) of the process.

We have to do keyword analysis to target the keyword phrases that make sense and then back those up throughout your site.  You also have to aggressively work your social channels.

Then add in how competitive your market is and every new site has their work cut out for them.

If you want to advise your website URL, I'll take a look at your site and advise further. 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Re: Webiste has virtually no traffic even with specific key words on google my business.

Thank You @Muse 

www.holstonhomecare.com

Mark R. 

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@mrollins 

Healthcare is a *very* competitive market.  Depending on what I searched for I received 250,000 to over 6,000,000,000 results (and I used Rutherford County, TN).

What you have is a simple brochureware site.  So you are going to want to start adding more content that is more detailed about what you do.  Story telling is a great marketing tool.  You could have a blog where you share stories about clients and families you've helped. 

Make sure your Google My Business listing is set up and current.  Also make sure that all your social accounts are consistent in look and feel.  Then -- work them!

Start by updating your copyright notice from 2018 to 2019 -- that's a visual factor that let's folks know the site is be paid attention to. 😉

Then you can start adding content by having a page for each of your services.  "Home care" can mean so many things (house repair, lawn repair, appliances, plumbers, etc.) so by adding a detailed page for each service you can make clear that you provide the services you do which then will help the search engines, over time, know more about what you have to offer.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison