Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Password Protected my website using Plesk

Hello,

I am trying to password protect my entire website. I am currently using Godaddy plesk administration. I thought the best way to do this was to enable windows authentication and disable Anonymous access. Using this https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-do-the-different-iis-settings-do-3973 it says that "Disabling it requires visitors to enter a password to view your site" but what credentials would they need to use. I tried accessing it using my godaddy.com hosting credentials but it won't let me authenticate with them. An error is not returned it just seems to refresh (blinks) and asks again.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be very much appreciated. Thank You in advance!

FYI: Godaddy forced me to select more than one label to post but no other labels they offered apply to this So I selected Website Builder but I am not using the Website Builder.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Password Protected Site

Hi @NewDev. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you have a Plesk account and want to password protect a specific directory, you should be able to use the instructions in this Help Center article. You can use this to add the directory your website is in and then setup users to specify what they would use to log in. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Password Protected Site

Hi @NewDev. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you have a Plesk account and want to password protect a specific directory, you should be able to use the instructions in this Help Center article. You can use this to add the directory your website is in and then setup users to specify what they would use to log in. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post