cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Economy Linux SSL Certificate Installation

Again, beating that horse until it is dust.  HOW does one with Economy Linux hosting install an SSL Certificate?

All the directions are for Deluxe not Economy.  There is an SSL listed in the panel for Economy but when you click on it there isn't anything that says "install" your certificate.

I don't have the luxury of funds to upgrade to Deluxe.  What shall I do?  Been pulling my hair out for a couple hours...actually trying out the information on the "Install" instructions and watching all the videos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SmokiesFriend,

Judging from your screenshots, you've chosen to purchase a UCC SSL certificate for your website (the mention of subject alternative names). A UCC is designed to cover multiple domains within a hosting plan, something that an Economy hosting plan does not support. An Economy plan can have a single domain/single website, by default, the primary domain. The certificate you need for such a plan is a standard, one domain SSL. 

If you have no need for the other SSL on a larger plan, you may contact GoDaddy customer support to delete and purchase the appropriate SSL. That installation is automatically done as per the instructions previously provided.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SmokiesFriend,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have an Economy hosting plan, you will have a single primary domain and will use a Standard, single domain SSL. With that, you can request an automatic installation of the SSL to the GoDaddy hosting server. If these instructions don't help you complete the process, please reply with your domain name and type of SSL that you are trying to install. 

1. Go to the SSLs in your product list and click "Manage" for that domain.

2. Click "Rekey & Manage" on the dashboard screen

3. Click "Install A Certificate On The Same Site"

4. Then click "Save" and "Submit All Saved Changes"

Those actions will start the auto-install process, completing in 2-24 hours.

My side of your instructions doesn't list Rekey & Manage, it is just Re-key.  So there isn't a listing for "Install A Certificate On The Same Site."

SSL-Keys.jpg

This is the full shot of what I am seeing.  When I open the Rekey it shows this:

Rekey.jpg

But doesn't give any where to do Managing, or Installing.

Hi @SmokiesFriend,

Judging from your screenshots, you've chosen to purchase a UCC SSL certificate for your website (the mention of subject alternative names). A UCC is designed to cover multiple domains within a hosting plan, something that an Economy hosting plan does not support. An Economy plan can have a single domain/single website, by default, the primary domain. The certificate you need for such a plan is a standard, one domain SSL. 

If you have no need for the other SSL on a larger plan, you may contact GoDaddy customer support to delete and purchase the appropriate SSL. That installation is automatically done as per the instructions previously provided.

View solution in original post

Still not working.  Don't know what else to do...can you install for me?